Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stems Saved Folder
Baldy68PRO InfinityMember since 2019
Wow, finally! Can I just move all the already done stem files to the root in new directory I created and VDJ will use it?

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 2:49 pm
No.
VirtualDJ creates "special" subfolders inside that folder in order to ensure that tracks with the same filename won't collide.

However, after you set a folder on the options, you can calculate stems for a new file (and thus make VirtualDJ create the special subfolder) and then move all stems from that folder to the special subfolder

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 3:07 pm
Jeez, then it's just to rescan 17000 files...again... Speaking of that, when I put files in the purple stems folder, it rescans even those files that already have stems 2.0! Is it supposed to work this way? In that case it is unusable for me.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 6:00 pm
I think you didn't get my point.

Let's say you have a folder:
"D:\Music\Cool Tracks 2022"
And now let's say this folder has 1500 tracks with calculated stems
Also let's say that you have set "E:\Stems" as your stems folder.
All you have to do is this:
1) Visit the "D:\Music\Cool Tracks 2022" folder and calculate stems for ONE file inside that folder.
2) Go on E:\Stems folder.
A new subfolder should be there (that has the one track you just calculated)
Move all the .vdjstems files from "D:\Music\Cool Tracks 2022" to the new subfolder inside E:\Stems folder.
You're done!
Now repeat the process for any other folders that contain calculated stems.
Depending on your folder structure you may need to calculate just a bunch of new files before you move all 17000 tracks to their new location.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 6:11 pm
I see, thank you for clarification, but that will be too much work for me anyway since I have a very precise folder structure with genres, year and so on. The easiest would be to just drop all files in the purple stem folder and it moves the stem 2.0 vdjstems to my own folder (if it exist), and if stem 2.0 doesn't exist it creates one and delete the old vdjstems file (if it exists). Shouldn't be impossible to script this function maybe?

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 6:19 pm