Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: System Volume
Only the Starter layout with Virtual DJ has a System Volume slider in the top right which is perfect.
I would like to see this on all of the layouts as well or be able to toggle between VU meter or System Volume. In Full Screen mode on Pro for example there is no way to Mute or Turn down the System volume unless the screen is minimized to reveal the task bar of Windows. There also needs to be a ( x ) Mute option by Left clicking on the icon to the left of the slider.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 2:02 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
master volume is all you need.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 4:38 am
1. Master volume does not control System Volume.
2. Master volume is a dial imbedded in the mixer section after clicking on the Master tab.
3. I need an easy and quick way to Mute my Computer with a Simple click.
4. It's not hard to have an option to toggle between the VU meter and a Volume slider as a default setting.
5. There is no need for 2 VU meters both in the mixer and on the Virtual DJ Taskbar.
6. There is no quick way to Mute or reduce System volume when in Full screen mode.
"All I need is a Mute option by right clicking the icon to the left of the Volume Slider on all Skins"
Virtually all software with audio has a volume control on the task bar of the software skin.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 5:06 am
Do you have other audio playing besides VDJ when VDJ is full screen?

----
If not then just add the script:
master_volume

to a custom button slider on the Pro skin. (one click on the left side of slider, will mute VDJ)

----
And you could enable VDJ to use all the screen, and leave the taskbar exposed so you can have one click access to windows volume mixer.

----
Or you could create a Keyboard windows shortcut to the Windows Volume mixer:
1) create at shortcut of C:\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe somewhere (maybe desktop)
2) edit properties of the SndVol shortcut to add a shortcut key. (say, Ctrl+Alt+X)

----
And of course you could mod the skin.

----
And if VDJ is NOT the only app contributing to your audio output, how do you then adjust their audio output, when VDJ is full screen?

----
UPDATE:
wanted to add
With VDJ there are many options to stop the audio:
1) Stop the playing track, ( actually what I do)
2) turn down a volume slider
etc

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 8:29 am
Starter mode is the only skin that has a Universal system volume slider that happens to control windows.
Why isn't the system volume slider on the other skins? Why doesn't the current system volume slider have a left click Mute option like windows and other streaming services? There is plenty of room to carry over the current sytem volume slider at the top and have the secondary VU meter or if it looks a bit cluttered then I suggest a simple toggle to switch between VU meter mode and System volume mode on all skins. This is just a simple suggestion that will keep the most basic yet Universal feature in place. I am not looking for a detour or an exhaustive way to deal with something that could easily be implemented by cloning code and adding a mute button to it. This is something that is best suited for Virtual DJ to update on their end.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 9:28 am
"And if VDJ is NOT the only app contributing to your audio output, how do you then adjust their audio output, when VDJ is full screen?"
When Virtual DJ is in Full Screen mode any and all audio played through the computer will be controlled by Virtual DJ.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 9:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can assign a custom slider to system_volume to get the same in other skins.

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 10:01 am
"Virtual DJ" can simply keep the System Volume Slider on all skins or make it an option on the Essentials, Pro, and Performance layouts. Hopefully this gets added by Virtual DJ with the ( x ) left click Mute button.

Mensajes Mon 06 Feb 23 @ 8:23 am