Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Dmx os2l
Hi I use os2l virtual dj. If i play a song in deck 1 then vdj activate
the os2l button . If i play a song on deck 2 by headphone
VIrtual dj activate also os2l button by Quick dmx.

Is there a option to activate only by master deck and not
by headphone.

Second question. How to turn off every button by Quick
Dmx If the next song is playing with diffrent dmx poi?

How to turn of a live button ? If next track is playing live tab Quick dmx are on . How to turn off?

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 8:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 8:45 am
Hi DJDAD ,

Thanks for your respond! I have read it .

This is how I read it :

If i use in virtual dj os2l_scene 'ButtonName1 then it will be fine.

When I play the next track the button go off . If I Listen a track by headphone then this button wil not activate.

When i will a button (poi ) turn off in the same track then i have put the same poi on the end of the track. If I start a new track when the track is not finnished then it automatic go off.

Please tell me if im wrong. Im nog a expert of this but a student

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 2:30 pm
Not sure how your scenes get triggered in Quick DMX, but in Sweetlight (theLightingController), i have my scenes in Groups and the scenes toggle between them.
E.g. Group A (pars), with scenes like "RED", "BLUE", "GREEN"
Using os2l_scene 'name' indeed doesn't trigger anything if Deck is not audible in Master (just in Headphones)

The action os2l_scene is a toggle. So goes from on to off , to on, etc.
You can use also os2l_scene 'name' on or os2l_scene 'name' off to force a state.
I just tried here 2 Tracks.
Track A (Deck 1), using scene "RED" near the end , POI mapped as os2l_scene 'RED'
Track B (Deck 2) using scene "GREEN" near beginning, POI mapped as os2l_scene 'RED'

Track A reaches ending POI, scene 'RED' turns on.
Track B starts at starting POI, scene 'RED' is kept on. If you were using the os2l_button action , the RED scene would be turned off.

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 3:53 pm
Thanks . I will try a lot these days.

Unfortunately when you turn on a new track the activated poi os2l_scene from the previous track are not going off.

Mensajes Thu 28 Sep 23 @ 4:56 pm
Where do virtual dj save the Poi points? On the virtual dj folder on the computer ?

If i need a other laptop i will have the poi back ?

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 1:07 pm
Theyre saved in the database.xml file.

If you use the inbuilt backup and restore you can transfer to another machine easily.

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 1:14 pm
Thank you

Mensajes Sun 01 Oct 23 @ 2:33 pm
I trying a lot.

What i not understand is one thing.

Why is it not possible when i play a next track, like autoplay or select a new track on the same deck in virtual dj is not possible to turn off the old osl 2commands for dmx previous track.

Mensajes Thu 05 Oct 23 @ 6:56 pm
As i wrote above, it's related to how your scenes are made in your DMX software.
You could have for example a scene to turn all lights off e.g. named as 'TURNALLOFF', and then you could add to the ONSONGLOAD key of Keyboard Mapping the action .. os2l_button ''TURNALLOFF' (or os2l_scene)
But not sure if you want to turn off scenes , just because you loaded a new Track to the other Deck.

Mensajes Thu 05 Oct 23 @ 9:19 pm
Hi,

In Quick DMX I have scenes that I want to control via virtual DJ. I would like to have the scene buttons activated only when the track is playing and automatically turn off as soon as the track ends.

See my screenshot. I have LED pars. Red blue yellow green. different colors. If I activate red in the track and blue later, it works fine. now blue also remains on. If I want to turn it red again afterwards, I can control it again via a POI via virtual DJ. Red scene was already on from the previous poi. now blue still stays on while I want red. both buttons remain on. I appreciate your help. Maybe I'm thinking too hard or I don't fully understand.

Mensajes Sat 07 Oct 23 @ 9:33 am
Easier way is to make your Pages to work in "Solo".
Right-click on the "alle led parren" page name and enable the "Solo buttons" from the options list - at least that's how it works in Sweetlight, similar to QuickDMX.

This way you wont worry about turning off the previous color, so each time a POI triggers a color/scene (using os2l_scene 'buttonName' action), the other ones will turn off automatically. And probably useful to add an "Off" button to your page to turn off (Black) your Pars

Mensajes Sat 07 Oct 23 @ 6:46 pm
Thanks that is a super good idea! It works!

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 23 @ 2:39 pm