Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Random crashs + restarts with VirtualDJ v2023 b7921 (beta) - Page: 1
Since I've updated VirtualDJ to v2023 b7921 (beta), I've experienced two crashes in the past 2 days while just regularly cueing a song (in each case, a different song was used). I've not seen anything obvious in the MacOS crash/diagnostics reports.

I'm not sure if others have experienced this, but this is concerning...is it possible for devs check what happened here?

System: M1 MacBook Pro (16 GB RAM, 2020 model) running Ventura 13.0.1.

Edit: I would say I have not really seen crashes until I started experimenting with Linked Tracks as of last night (the tab is open now for me to add links as necessary, and I did add a custom button for the mark_linked_tracks action).

Mensajes Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 7:24 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There is a crash logged, but it's not very clear what might be the cause.
Possibly while opening the tag editor, perhaps a specific song with a bad tag

Mensajes Sun 25 Feb 24 @ 3:00 am
Interesting...it happened with two different songs, the first one was when I was using the BPM editor, the second was while using the POI editor. I normally use Kid3 for tag clensing before adding them to VirtualDJ, but I do not wipe the tag metadata clean and rewrite them. Maybe I'll start doing that.

NB the same tracks played fime on restart (I was able to continue what I was doing).

Mensajes Sun 25 Feb 24 @ 3:42 am
subinupPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Same issue twice, in 2 days. I thought it was a specific tracks that trigger this.
That's not it, not sure what triggers the memory leak. Jumps from on average of 3-4GB active usage to 200GB + memory usage resulting in memory paging and crash.

P.s. not experimenting with linked tracks feature at all.

My system is:
Mac OSX
Apple M1 Max
32 GB Ram
Sonoma 14.3.1

Since December 2023, this has been a sporadic issue with Virtual DJ during live sets.

Mensajes Mon 04 Mar 24 @ 7:50 pm
I just experienced a crash again (March 14th @ 10:14 PM), when opening the Tag Editor.

Mensajes Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 2:15 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I did find a possible cause for this, so might be fixed in next update

Mensajes Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 7:54 am
Thank you @Adion I'll await the fix.

Mensajes Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 12:03 pm
I'm on b8055 and still same issue. I've been able to isolate the probable cause, shared with VDJ support team a few days ago a detailed list of steps that seem to trigger this memory leak/crash.

Use Mixed In Key to add cue points, some tracks cue1 appear to have issues when pressed either via the DDJ SX3 controller or directly in the VDJ Software (while no controller is connected), regardless if the track is loaded from Desktop or from an external Drive, the "Bar" counter jumps to over a million.

Tried to reproduce this with SeratoDJ Pro 3.1.2, with the known tracks that lead to this crash in VDJ, Serato simply ignores the "problem" cue points.

If I use virtualDJ to remove the first Cue point that MIK added and create a new Cue1 point in the same location using VDJ the issue does not occur.

Curious if others on this thread are using Mixed in Key, or have been able to reproduce this at will. For the time being, I workaround the issue by hitting play instead of Cue1 on the pad.

Been able to reproduce this behaviour of Bar count jumping to over a million on specific tracks all the way back to Virtualdj_2023_b7759_mac.pkg and Virtualdj_2023_b7746_mac.pkg. However there were no crashes that led to his bar count being off by a million.

been working with George at VDJ, the tracks, database.xml and other details are provided as part of my troubleshooting.

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 5:32 pm
user21508650 wrote :
I'm on b8055 and still same issue. I've been able to isolate the probable cause, shared with VDJ support team a few days ago a detailed list of steps that seem to trigger this memory leak/crash.

Use Mixed In Key to add cue points, some tracks cue1 appear to have issues when pressed either via the DDJ SX3 controller or directly in the VDJ Software (while no controller is connected), regardless if the track is loaded from Desktop or from an external Drive, the "Bar" counter jumps to over a million.

Tried to reproduce this with SeratoDJ Pro 3.1.2, with the known tracks that lead to this crash in VDJ, Serato simply ignores the "problem" cue points.

If I use virtualDJ to remove the first Cue point that MIK added and create a new Cue1 point in the same location using VDJ the issue does not occur.

Curious if others on this thread are using Mixed in Key, or have been able to reproduce this at will. For the time being, I workaround the issue by hitting play instead of Cue1 on the pad.

Been able to reproduce this behaviour of Bar count jumping to over a million on specific tracks all the way back to Virtualdj_2023_b7759_mac.pkg and Virtualdj_2023_b7746_mac.pkg. However there were no crashes that led to his bar count being off by a million.

been working with George at VDJ, the tracks, database.xml and other details are provided as part of my troubleshooting.

The issue is either MIK tagging songs incorrectly, or... VDJ not interpreting/analyzing correctly, since Serato safely handles the exception when encountering the 1st cue point on affected tracks.

Mensajes Fri 29 Mar 24 @ 9:00 pm
can you give a link to one of the songs that makes vdj crash, so we can try to reproduce?

Mensajes Sat 30 Mar 24 @ 6:31 am
Sure, can you please let me know when you download it, I'd like to delete this share (Perfect Timing, I went to confirm the problem tracks before I zipped them to share with you, opened VDJ 8055 on my Mac, loaded the song, clicked Cue 1 and within seconds memory leak to 200+ GB, and VDJ goes unresponsive. (Screenshot below)

Another "anomaly" I'm tracking is the problem cue points show up as Cue1, Cue2, Cue3 while tracks that appear to work fine have Energy1, Energy2, Energy3 ...

MIK version I'm using is 10.0.2395.0 (appears to be the latest build)

the cue bar out of range issue is reproducible even on Mac and PC. Since I solely use mac for DJ'ing my crashes can only be confirmed on Mac.

B8055 appears to do something new/interesting,
- when i load a problem track it blanks out the first "Cue 1" (this behaviour is how Serato deals with these problem tracks).
- However this VDJ behaviour in 8055 is not consistent, If I load a different problem track VDJ does not erase "Cue 1" and hitting Cue 1 resulting in the same out of range Bar...

[Link removed]

Mensajes Sat 30 Mar 24 @ 4:28 pm
user21508650 wrote :
Sure, can you please let me know when you download it, I'd like to delete this share

Ok, we fixed it, it will be available for the next release cycle (in one week).
Thank you for sharing.

Mensajes Sat 30 Mar 24 @ 8:18 pm
Thanks Stephane, I'll keep this thread posted either way after I upgrade to the next build ...

Mensajes Sat 30 Mar 24 @ 9:14 pm
Downloaded latest build this morning B8056... tested with problem tracks

Issue continues...(Bar counter out of range, followed by memory leak, memory paging followed by hang)

Is the fix part of 8056? or a future build?

Mensajes Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 4:04 pm
user21508650 wrote :
Downloaded latest build this morning B8056... tested with problem tracks
Issue continues...(Bar counter out of range, followed by memory leak, memory paging followed by hang)
Is the fix part of 8056? or a future build?
not in 8056, it's been fixed in 8078 that is currently in EarlyAccess.

Mensajes Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 7:35 am
When will EA 8075 be available? I have the same problem!

Mensajes Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 10:33 am
it's available now.

Mensajes Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 1:32 pm
How do I get to participate in early access Stephane, happy to be a tester and provide help during testing phases of ongoing pre-beta builds.

Quite tech savvy I can provide detailed memory dumps and testing on both windows and Mac during testing.

Mensajes Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 1:55 pm
Enable early access in the virtual DJ settings then close and restart.

Mensajes Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 2:05 pm
I’m experiencing the same problem. Since the last two updates, anytime I attempt to stream while running multiple samples in the sample bank in addition to my camera, the program freezes. The camera is still functioning, but I get the spinning color wheel of death, my samples freeze as well as the video. The screen eventually turns green while the camera remains live & operating normally. I’m no computer technician, but I’ve done pretty good over the years trouble shooting any technical problems. I’m stumped on this one. Any constructive advice would be appreciated. I’m running a MacOS. TYIA!

Mensajes Thu 04 Apr 24 @ 2:10 pm
67%