Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: linked tracks feature queries
although i do not use online catalogues etc..i find the new linked tracks feature very useful... primarily because of the way it accesses your history and provides options on what u played previously as a guide..
the thing about my setup is that i have a dual boot system...with preparation of tracks and normal everyday use of pc on one boot and strictly djing on the other boot..also my music collection is on a non boot drive by itself..
what i have observed is that vdj creates the 'History' folder in my documents folder on the two boot versions,but none in the music folder(the database file and the folders folder are here though as to create a true sync between the two boots)

What i really want to happen-
since i mostly prepare tracks etc on the normal boot side..the history on that boot mat not be accurate for the link tracks feature as i may play tracks jus to hear what they sound like or just listening music randomly...but i may manually add linked tracks on this boot...
the history part of the linked tracks feature may be better equipped to do its job by using the history from the other boot..the one i use for djing as the performance is live...
so this brings me to my request or possible workaround...
i want vdj to use the history from the dj side boot for the linked tracks (or for anything actually because i see no use of the one in the normal side boot) BUT
also remember the linked tracks manually added on either side of the boots..i want manually linked tracks to be synced in both boots..but provide history related suggestions using the history folder on the dj mode boot...
also keep in mind that my music collection is on a different partition drive on the same laptop...
tanks in advance..

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 5:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For the history, you could just use a sync tool to synchronize the history folder one way, from your dj side to your preparation side.
The links are stored in extra.db, there's currently no way to merge 2 extra.db files, so you may need to sync it manually from one side to the other after changing links.

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 5:40 pm
Use something like Synchredible.

I prep on one machine and use it to copy new music, videos and VDJ files to my gig machine. After gigs I then send the history file(s) and database back to my main machine and it works a treat as everything is always updated.

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 5:42 pm
tanks guys..will give it a shot

Mensajes Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 6:18 pm
for anyone who was interested..i seem to have got tings working the way i want by syncing the history folder by having the dj side boot being the 'master' per say...and as i didn't want the normal side boot to mess up the history..i had to make the user only have read privileges in the security tab..as the simple read only box did not work...so now once vdj is not being run as admin on the normal side boot..it cannot write any history but the extra.db file that takes care of manually added links is updated on either side and synced using the last date modified method..
in the end i just have to execute 2 batch files linked to the sync program and im in business..although i think it can be automated in the form of a scheduled task etc...anyway tanks again guys

Mensajes Sun 14 Apr 24 @ 2:09 pm