Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Stop VDJ from looking at certain drives
I have a lot of hard drives and it's starting to cause problems; three times now I've had VDJ crash on me with a random "problem opening database" error on multiple drives, including my C drive.

There is literally only one external drive that has all my music on it that I want VDJ to look at. Some drives I can right click and "ignore", others the option to ignore isn't there. For example I have an R: drive that has no option to be ignored and VDJ keeps scanning it, despite me removing the VirtualDJ folder from its root repeatedly.

How do I get VDJ to stop doing this?

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 2:25 am

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 5:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean exactly by "VDJ keeps scanning it"
VirtualDJ doesn't automatically scan your drives, so if it is scanning the drive, it means you are either browsing it, or have asked VDJ to scan it.

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 6:01 am
Adion wrote :
What do you mean exactly by "VDJ keeps scanning it"
VirtualDJ doesn't automatically scan your drives, so if it is scanning the drive, it means you are either browsing it, or have asked VDJ to scan it.

I've done neither. I have filter folders with a scope set to "library". Even after removing the VDJ folder and database from those drives they still show up in the filter folders, causing a new VDJ folder and database to be created on them.

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 5:10 pm

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 5:11 pm
you could try to right click the drive letter then select batch then remove from search db

this will not remove the virtual dj folder but it should take the files away from your searches

Mensajes Tue 04 Jun 24 @ 7:04 pm