Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Why the sound is different???

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ciskoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomix' stuff I think (and listen) the sound if not very good if you compare it to older version.
Why???
Can you explane it to Atomix's users???
Is it a (semi)professional software???

Mensajes Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 5:15 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Francesco, I don't know what is exactly your problem, but regarding to the hundreds of feedbacks messages we have received and my personnal Experience with the 2.0 version, I can say that on the contrary we have improved the audio quality.

To answer your last question, I can just answer you that I know some Djs in Germany, or in the US who are using Atomixmp3 in Night Clubs.

Mensajes Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 6:09 pm
Yan-x, I too think the quality of the sound output in 2.0 is better than 1.2, BUT, it is not really the quality that is in question, it's the lack of treble and mid-range. When the equalizers are in their centre position, the music should be playing at it's default levels. To test this, open up WinAmp and play a tune with the equalizer turned OFF. There, that is what the mp3 sounds like by default (note: the lower the rate of the mp3, the poorer the quality and the higher the perceived lack of 'top' or treble).

Now play that same mp3 in Atomixmp3 2.0 with the equalizers in their default position, notice the absence of the mid-range and high-end frequencies that were apparent when playing the tune in WinAmp. The music sounds dead and dull. If you increase the two higher frequency ranges using the two equalizer control knobs, there will be an obvious and sharp improvement, although you tend to get distortion with the Atomix EQ's if you have them much over their default centre position.

This is the problem I think most people are commenting on when saying that the sound quality has worsened.

Two things need to be done to alleviate this problem; first of all, when the EQ's are in their default centre positions, the music should come through un-touched, at the moment, it is having the higher frequencies dulled. Secondly, the EQ's should not distort the music when they are increased much past their default points, listen to the Traktor EQ's to get the idea.

One last thing, when is the crackling that myself and others have reported when using the EQ's and crossfader in 2.0 going to be remedied? It is not as bad as it was in the beta and in Ejay Mixstation, but it is too noticeable, especially for recordings.

MiXmAsTeR

Mensajes Sat 15 Dec 01 @ 10:10 pm
As always, this problem is being IGNORED. I won't waste my time bringing up bugs in the program from now on, they are obviously not worthy of so much as a reply.

Mensajes Mon 17 Dec 01 @ 11:47 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)