Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer CDJ1000 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

closzPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Has anyone used this cd-digital turntable with atomix. I am thinking about getting one and using it with an external mixer. Can anyone help with what is required to hook this up. Please help if possible.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 6:48 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You need a mixer, 1 or better 2 soundcards in your PC (or a 3D soundcard), a full version of Atomix, your CDJ1000, an amplifier, boxes and some line (coax) cables. Normally that's it. If you don't know how to connect something, please ask it ;-).

Greetz, ikke

Mensajes Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 6:52 pm
closzPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How do you hook up the mixer to your computer? What is an amplifier needed for? Please help if you can.

Mensajes Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 9:26 pm
Ok, here we go. First of all you need a good working PC, with one or 2 good installed and configured soundcards, or 1 3D soundcard (like a SB Live!). How to put a soundcard in your tower, and how to install the drivers, you should refer to the manual of your soundcard. When this is done and your soundcards are recognized by windows (well, if you use 2 soundcards they have to be recognized BOTH!), make shure you get the newest drivers (look on the website of your soundcard manufacturer).
If you don't have a license for the full version of AtomixMP3, buy one at http://en.atomixmp3.creavente.com/saisiepart.html?part=atomix . Now you need to install the soft, if you haven't done that yet. Just run the exe and give your serial number (I don't know how you have to give your serial, because I don't have a full license :-().
If the soft is installed properly, go to the configuration panel of Atomix (press in the (?)), and choose for Sound configuration. If you have a 3D soundcard, click on the picture with the text "3D" on it, if you have 2 soundcards, select the picture with the 2 soundcards on it. Also select in the right column the picture of the mixer. You also have to choose which driver you'll use (in the drop down list). What you have to choose here depends of your soundcard(s), can't help you with that.
Now you need 2 splitters, from jack to coax. A jack is like the plug of your headphones (bur smaller, use a 3.5 mm model!), a coax jack is like the one of the input of your mixer. You need now 2 cables with a 3.5 mm jack input, and 2 coax outputs (the left and the right channel).
Now we're going to connect your PC to your mixer. Put the 3.5 mm jack of the first cable in the "Line out" of your first soundcard (refer to your manual where you can find this plug, normally it's written on the metal of your soundcard), and put the 2 coax plugs in the "line in" of one of the channels of your mixer (e.g. channel 1). Do the same with the second cable, but put the 3.5mm jack in the line out of you second soundcard, and the coax jacks in the line in of another channel on your mixer (e.g. channel 2). If you use a 3D soundcard, you have to take the left and right channel outputs, in place of the line outs of your 2 soundcards.
Ok, now connect your CDJ1000's line out to a 3th line in of your mixer (e.g. on channel 3, or on channel 1 if you can switch the input device/line in on your channels). Be sure you never connect a line out to a "phono (=turntable)-in!!!
If this is done, take your amplifier (you need this, because otherwise you can't connect boxes, so nobody will hear your set!!) and connect the "amplifier-out" of your mixer to a line in of you amplifier.
Finally, connect your boxes to your amplifier.

Now you can turn on your computer, and start mixing using Atomix, your CDJ 1000 and your mixer!

Ok, hope everything I wrote was right. If I wrote a mistake, please correct me, or if you have other questions, just ask them here or mail me at dj_ikke@hotmail.com

Greetz, and I really hope this helps ;-), ikke

Mensajes Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 9:51 pm
Since when do you need a liscense to use atomixmp3? I have the full version, and I paid my $60, and you're telling me that all of a sudden I need to purchase a liscense to use it?

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 1:31 am
I think he means to use it publicly.

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 4:28 am
I think you will find that licensed version = registered version = full version etc (in other words, they are all the same). If you have purchased the full versoin of Atomix (i.e. paid your $60 or whatever), then you have the 'licensed' version that Ikke is talking about.

Cheers...
Swift

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 8:33 am
DavidPRO InfinityMember since 2001
...and boxes means speakers. Is there a chance you are Belgian, Ikke?

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 2:38 pm
Yes I'm from Belgium. Sorry, by boxes I meant speakers. And having a license=having bought a full version.

Greetz, ikke

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 5:48 pm
ga maar lekker patat eten

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 6:44 pm
Ikke, you're an experienced member, and you don't even have the full version?????? Why torture yourself. Spend $60 and buy the software!

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 7:46 pm
Sorry MixMasterMatt, but I just can pay it. First: I have no creditcard (you know, I'm 16 years old...), and I don't get any cash money, at the moment I have e.g. less but €25 cash money, the rest is on my checkbook (I mean, on the bank). I'll try to buy the soft a.s.a.p. (= when I have the money and when my dad gives me the permission to install Atomix on this (= his) PC :-( Normally I'm even not allowed to install the trail version, but I did it in a hidden directory: he doesn't knows what that is (I hope ;-))). So it willn't be for tomorrow to buy the full version (except if someone buys it for me ;-) lol). Soryy sorry sorry. Meanwhile, I can try to help others in this forum ;-).

Greetz, ikke (again, sorry sorry sorry ;-))

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 7:51 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Let me see if I understand this.... you've posted probably hundreds of messages, some have been helpful to others I'll admit. You are showing up now as an experienced member, and you don't even own the program? Jeeze!

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 8:55 pm
Is there any problem with that? I can't see any, sorry. Maybe i'm blind ;-)

Greetz, ikke

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 9:41 pm
I'm very impressed, although I'm 15, and I have had atomix for 6 months, and to purchase it, I jst gave my dad the money, and he paid for it with his credit card. Good luck in persuading your dad to let you install it. :)

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:00 pm
My parents aren't like that. I'm not allowed to spend money to stupid (???) things...

Greetz, ikke

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 10:12 pm
Atomixmp3 is stupid???????? Hmmmm I disagree with you on that one. I like atomixmp3 a lot, and find it very useful in my gigs. You can have your own opinion though. I just can't understand why you spend your time writing all these posts, if you think that atomixmp3 is stupid. Hmmmm. :(

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 11:41 pm
I think you will find that by placing the ?'s after the word stupid, Ikke was implying that his Dad thought Atomix was stupid, and therefore wouldn't let him spend the money on it. Obviously Ikke himself doesn't think it's stupid, otherwise as you say, he wouldn't be here.

Cheers...
Swift

Mensajes Thu 24 Jan 02 @ 11:59 pm
Oh, sorry about that. :)

Mensajes Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 12:15 am
One thing that Ikke forgot to mention in his very detailed connection instructions, was that you will need another jack-to-phono cable to connect the record out from your mixer back to the line-in on your soundcard so that you can record your mixes, as atomix won't record when you use a mixer and the program is in hardware mix mode.

You will then have to use a separate program to record the soundcard line-in to a wav file - I personnaly use the creative sound recorder utillity that came with my SB Live.

Then, however, you lose the excellent feature of cutting the mix into separate wav's, so you have to do it yourself afterwards using something like Cooledit. Alternatively, get a copy of CDRwin for burning your CD's, which supports cuelist files. Then create a cuelist file in notepad which tells any modern CD player where each track in your mix starts and finishes, and you burn your CD using the two files, the cuelist and the single wav. - The choice is yours.

P.S. CDRwin also supports the very new CD-TEXT format, so you can create VERY professional CD's with the track name and artist which will then display on any CD-TEXT enabled CD player.

Mensajes Fri 25 Jan 02 @ 2:04 pm
74%