Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Mp3 Dj Player

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello

I am currently a student at cardiff, studying product design, as my third year project i have decided to design and Mp3 player for the dj market.

If anyone would like to share some thoughts on the design or functions it would require please contact me

steve

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 12:02 am
Sounds good ...... but be a little more specific as to what this project is about ?!

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 1:43 am
Not to mention a way to contact you. A good start would be to check out the Product on who's forum you just posted, and you'll see a top notch program.

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 3:50 am
Make something designed for live use. Clean, professional, but yet not designed to look like either a Windows program or a real peice of hardware. Make an interface which combines the best of both.

Then, make a really high quality, professional mixing engine using algorithms like those used in XMPlay and Cubic Player.

Thirdly, make some BPM detection functions, make them genre-specific so you can set up proper detection for jungle, breakbeat, and classic techno beats.

Tie the whole thing together, make it flexible (support every single hardware controller you can, support external mixers, support multiple platforms like Mac and Linux)

Basically - atomix MP3, with some enhancements :D
The atomix team is the only group on the right track... and you can use their example to guide you :P

Mensajes Fri 26 Apr 02 @ 9:35 pm
and keep uw informed how your progress goes!
like a website or so where wa can download a beta ... and the we can help you with suggestions!
Hope you pass!

Mensajes Sat 27 Apr 02 @ 11:18 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)