Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Finding ways to keep beats in sync

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've been practicing with an Numark extrenal mixer. Whatever I do, I can't keep beats from drifting appart. My question is, if I use an external mixer like DJM-300 with a beat counter and adjust the pitch in Atomix manualy, would I be able to keep them from drifting appart? Also, will disabling "auto pitch reset" help? I really don't want to be forced to use another program, because constantly using arrow buttons to nudge the beats together keeps me from doing anything else at the same time. Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 08 Aug 02 @ 7:57 pm
No matter what you do you will probably have to nudge the beats a little to keep them in sync. Even if you are using an external mixer you can still use the beatmatch button in Atomix, this will bump the beat into alignment for a while. If you don't hit the automix button the pitch should not reset.

mike
www.audiopyle.com

Mensajes Thu 08 Aug 02 @ 8:05 pm
Okay I understand, but how do you guys manage to keep nudging the beats together during transition, and crossfading bass, etc. at the same time? I only have 2 hands :)

Mensajes Fri 09 Aug 02 @ 1:20 am
See your other post in Mix Lessons-forum.. that should help you and anyone feeling the need to constantly nudge the tracks into sync quite a bit..

I'm not saying that the automatic beatmatching in Atomix is perfect but once you've manually finetuned it with a few nudges and fine adjustments of the pitch they should stay in sync without any problems for well over 5 minutes.. I've managed to do that and I'm sure you can too :)

Mensajes Fri 09 Aug 02 @ 11:07 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
with any mixing, you will need to have an ear to keep the match right on the money. no auto-mix will line them up perfectly.

do what I do. assign left and right nudge to the left and right arrows, and fine pitch adjust to the up and down arrows. you can then use one hand to manage the speed and position of the beats, and the other to control other shortcuts, or the mouse to deal with fading, etc etc...

-nate

Mensajes Fri 09 Aug 02 @ 10:39 pm
NaDeRHome userMember since 2002
well one peace of advice count the beats manually,that would make it more accurate for atomix cause atomix doesnt get the precise beat all the time,actually i prefer counting all songs manually just making sure cause if there 0.1 difference that will make you nudge beats,and second thing never count on the automatic beat turn off all automation and do manual beat matching you only need your ears and a little bit of concentration,i think everybody has that!

NaDeR

Mensajes Sun 11 Aug 02 @ 9:10 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)