Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Tema: Animating stuff

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Heya, im a newbie at making skins, just wanna know if it is possible to animate sections of a skin?? example: when theres a turntable and you want the records to look like they are actually spinning?? If not....an idea for version 2.XX

Mensajes Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 6:01 am
sorry bro. no animation. personally i don't want it. it would probably double the size of the prog as well as memory usage. but i'll stop.. i'm not here to preach :) but no, animation is not possible.

phatty720
dave

Mensajes Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 6:07 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
It might look a bit jerky, but you could do it using the beat sync graphic, but instead make the whole vinyl shift by a little... then you'd have two images that update in time with the beat... probably not the effect that you're wanting, but it's worth a try!

Mensajes Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 7:38 am
Another idea for that turntable-look would be a heap of circular song-pos-sliders covering the entire "vinyl" area that shift as a result of the song playing..
Imagine the vinyl divided into about 10-20 pie-slices (then those pie-slices might have to be subdivided further by 2 or 3 circles just to make the sections smaller) then you make a songpos-sliders for every single one of those sections that will show the vinyl unshifted/rotated at the start of the song and shifted/rotated properly at the middle/end of the song...

It might not be that pretty but it would be animated and relative to the fact that the deck is playing or not.. however the speed of the movement is relative to the duration of the song playing so it would differ from song to song...

But those sliders shouldn't be clickable(=active controls) so you'd have to cover those sliders with an inactive layer/element just as the tonearm-fix for the Stanton-skins discussed earlier...

It could work but I'm not sure if you can have several arced(circular but only short sections) songpos-sliders arranged like that... and it would be a pain in the ass to do the XML for that ..AND I'm not sure it will work with the skinengine.. it migth slow down Atomix too much...

In conclusion: it might work in theory but I'm not gonna test it out in reality 'cause it would take too much time and probably won't result in satisfaction...
..it's just a thought.. not very likely to happen but just.. what if :O)

Mensajes Thu 20 Jun 02 @ 9:34 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
Maybe just the needle (tone arm) could move in towards the middle as different sections of position slider! So by the time the needle is at the middle the track is at the end... soooo much easier to keep track of time when you can see the needles at a glance!

Mensajes Sun 23 Jun 02 @ 10:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)