Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Two new feature suggestions

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

BlokeHome userMember since 2003
I typically play at house parties for friends using vinyl decks and one thing that always bugs me is my drunk mates wanting to prod and play with "the shiny buttons" etc especially when I pop out to take a leak. If I used VDJ I could imagine this would happen even more, so as a suggestion for new feature #1.

1) Absent DJ lock- what I mean is a sequenced keystroke i.e. ctrl+alt that would log the DJ off (but music still plays) and does not allow changes to the music until it is unlocked i.e. when I come back from the loo. This should be "hard-coded" into the software, as I could only imagine the problems if users could change the sequence etc i.e. forgotten codes blah blah.

2) Could VDJ to have auto-loop on cue feature? So, much like setting a cue point you could set an auto-loop point in a track. There are sometimes perfect points within a track to mix out to the next but often these can only be 10 seconds long, so if the track was playing then reached the auto-loop cue point it would auto loop to your setting (1/2, 2 or 4 etc) and you could not worry about missing your "moment of truth" part of a track and mix in your next track.

Hope this makes sense. Interested in peoples views.

PS: Please update people on the XP10's, a quick posting by the VDJ team would put people out of their misery waiting so long.

Mensajes Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 11:14 am
Hi-i propose you i little freeware program.Mousetrap.with this You can block your keybord and mouse with password.It's a solution for Your drunked mates :) if you'd like i can send you this-just write here your email.It's 80kb long :)

Mensajes Sun 01 Feb 04 @ 5:28 pm
Bloke, i allways use both of my fists to keep people off my stuff. But you should first try to make your crowd show you some respect, and if that doesn't work.. use your fists to make clear that you don't like others touching your stuff.
and if that also doesn't work, i'd be happy to do this for you :p

Mensajes Fri 13 Feb 04 @ 11:07 am
I am with Cannonball on that one.

Mensajes Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 1:03 am
^^^my reply, dont know why it didnt recognize my login

Mensajes Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 1:05 am
Well, these last 2 posts were from me, glad to see i can login now lol.

Mensajes Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 7:35 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)