Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: buffer for very long files

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

At the beginning hello & sorry for my broken english :)
I little suggestion about very long files (for example 60min long).Sometimes when i have to go out for a few minutes i'd like to put my own prepared mix,and sometimes-what is more important i'd like to play parts of somebodys mixing. Not many people have so many memmory,to store all song. In this case i don't have full control of those music,because i see only about next 2 seconds.This iritate me,when i'd like to do something, but i don't know what can i do because i don't see the next part of song.
I propose to leave "max load", but more intelligent. I'd like to see more then a 2 next seconds in case of short memmory.Maybe in buffor should'n be played part of too long song, but the further part?

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 3:38 pm
What might be more functional (in my opinion) is that you pre-select and cue the best parts of the mix. I guess that you only use certain parts of one mix: parts with good tracks, etc.
So then you should be able to name a cue point.
(suggested by Jukesy !!! -->http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=3503)
eg: IntroTrack, StartClimax, .....
This way you only have to do your reseach work once (!!) and you don't need to listen anymore to find you favorite parts because you see them.

Maybe this would be more helpful? It's functional and doesn't require extra system rescources.

Let me know what you think about it,
GnoedeL

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 8:13 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
System RAM is fairly inexpensive. If you need to be playing such long tracks, you should have at least a full gig of ram.

I'd suggest shorter re-mixes... :-)

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 8:32 pm
Gnoedel: It's not about cue points and it's names,although it's a good idea too. It's about long mp3's and too less memory to put a song into.If somebody tested any version of traktor he knows what i mean.In traktor when you jump forward the previous part is forgotten and decompresion is from new start poin and goes everytime few minutes after playing point independent of lenght od file, so you can always see graph of the longer part of song and it's something that vdj cannot do. And one more thing: not always dj's knows songs they play. Especially when i have thousends of mp3's.

Mensajes Fri 30 Jan 04 @ 11:48 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)