Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pioneer cdj700 skin

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Check this, I load a fresh system and the Pioneer cdj700 screen which I prefer over the others and the minute I hit search it crashes. This happens on 2 of my systems that I just loaded so it is not a system problem.
Load the default skin and it works.
This appears to be a new skin, without the blue center hub.

Also, the directory lock doesn't lock the tree for some reason.
I have stripped and reloaded 4 times to try to eliminate the problem including reg edit, and search and delete after add/remove, and still have this problem.

Any ideas?
Rick

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 12:11 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello

Can you tell more about your "directory lock" button it just work fine for me.

About the search
Try to collapse the playlist and retry, tell me if it crashes again, please.

I will try it tonight but I don't remember any problems with this skin.

FRUiT94

Mensajes Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 11:55 am
I have loaded this on 2 systems with the same results, only one of them crashes with a search though, and only with the 700 skin, the default works fine.
My suggestion would be strip out yours and reload the install file. I really can't offer anything more on this, I just don't know what is up. The other system crashes when I hit search every time, files are staight and tags are good. Ran fine with the last version. I have 3 personal systems with this on them. My original runs fine, the two latest have troubles, both new systems with very clean OS, plenty of ram and processor speed.
I even tried loading the install file from the system that is running ok and it made no difference. I feel like I am chasing my tail on this. I have cleaned out the registry, searched and deleted every thing but the install file and my licence file, reloaded the program with the same results 4 times.
The odd thing is the tool bar on one system is on the right side instead of the left.
Rick

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 04 @ 12:03 am
Hello jRick

Well I just tried to go to the search menu, then deploy the playlist, it just runs properly.

Are you using the 800x600 skin?

The Righty toolbar was on a old version of the skin, please retry to download it from the site, it is the latest version.

Could you send me the version that bugs please, by msn or email.

The problem you describe appears with the Tascam skin it's caused by the height of the browser (too small). There is not enough place to draw all the playlist buttons.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=2305

Read this post i am asking the team if it could be resolved. The problems appears in 800x600 skins, or in the Tascam but for the Pioneer i'm confused I use it everyday (1024x768) it works fine.

What is your screen resolution? Important: Answer this plz: do you let the playlist always open? Or does the problem appear even when the playlist is closed?

Don't try to reinstall and reinstall the soft, it won't work better. You are the first to describe this issue for the pioneer I would like to understand. Be more precise about what you are doing in vdj when it happens (features turned on, song playing or not, options you set, etc...).

Thanks
FRUiT94

Mensajes Sat 07 Feb 04 @ 6:02 pm
Fruit,
The skin that is crashing is the 800x600, and has the tool bar on the right I think, it is at my place of business.Not sure what the resolution is on that system, it is at work.
The directory lock is on both 700 skins, I don't get it, I don't know what else to tell you about that.
I always have the playlist open and locked on all 3 systems.
I have has sound cards dropped on 2 of the three systems also. Typically I will load from the directory with players going and a song will come into my head and I will click search. This is when I get the crash. I click "recover" and It continues to play but I see my desktop and a second later the sound quits and the program is dead, I need to restart everything.

What happened to the flanger and overloop buttons on this version? I have 2 knobs that do nothing at all. The loop buttons are screwed up also, one goes into a 1/2 beat loop and sort of locks into a skip.
The reason I reloaded the program is it seemed like the program was corrupted based on my past experience with it.

Thanks for helping me out on this Fruit,
Rick

Mensajes Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 5:04 pm
I loaded he version by RE with the tool bar on the right and everything seems to work fine. You stated that the older version had the tool bar on the right. All of my issues are with the new one I guess unless we are confusing which is which.
It is the 111053 version that is the problem for me, is that the newest? The update/skins page is showing the tool bar on the left, which one is the latest. I will stick with the one that works now, but wish to make you aware of the difficulties I had with 111053 version.

Freaking CORRECTION! The RE version is the one causing search crashes, I give up!
I am going back to other skins I guess, let me know what you find.
R

Mensajes Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 5:39 pm
Also, The audio engine is screwed. It sounds like a boombox.
I load Winamp or PCDJ Red and this systems kicks my @$$, I load the SAME song with VDJ and I scratch my head wondering what is wrong with my system.
The sound is just DEAD!
Time for my medication.................

Mensajes Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 5:59 pm
Well I recommend you stop using the 800x600 version and load the 1024x768 your problems won't be. The 800x600 skin is not updated yet.

Don't give up, buddy, have you a old monitor, that can't support 1024x768??

You can also try another skin, the mixstation for example.

---------
If you let the playlist closed, you can access the search option. It's a bit tricky but it works, give it a try...
---------

This problem is boring me too you know. But I'm sure the team could correct this soon. When I made the 800x600 skin I didn't notice that, as I always keep the playlist closed. The 800x600 version won't be added to the next packages, cause this is a critical bug.

I hope this will help, JRick.

FRUiT94

Mensajes Sun 08 Feb 04 @ 7:22 pm
Fruit,
Any chance on a fully functional CDJ 1000 skin?
I am totally committed to this program now, It's got me hooked.

Mensajes Sun 21 Mar 04 @ 10:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)