Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Sound Cards

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just use my internal laptop sound card and split the stereo into a mixer. If you just want a second sound card to cue with headphones, any should do. When I had a desktop I just bought a cheapie for 9.99. It worked fine

Mensajes Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:00 pm
Then i should just configure the soundcard to the specs as per. atomix
Is there anything else i need to do?

Mensajes Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:14 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you have that one sound card.....It's a 3D card..... use the front speakers for your main decks....and the rear output for your headphones. No need to purchase a second sound card unless you want too. You already have a great card....(one I am thinking of purchasing).
If you plan on running to a mixer you will need to split the audio out of the front output with a stereo phone-o to RCA jacks and go into your mixer. There is another post earler that will give you some more info.

Mensajes Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 6:55 pm
ok, that worked. I was able to hear the song in my headphones!!!!! Thank you... Now the sound quality has gone down drastically.... the front output sounds very distorted. Do I have anything to adjust. ie.. latency or something esle? If so, where can I do it.... thanks

Mensajes Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 8:42 pm
what i noticed also is that the music sounds much louder on my left speaker than it does on my right speaker. Might I have touched something in the soundcard that through the balance off the center.. Might that also be the reason that i have very distortet output.

Mensajes Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 10:25 pm
Thanks, it worked for me too

Mensajes Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 8:25 pm
Are you using a 3d sound card? If yes I had the sampe problem with my old desktop. One deck was a lot louder than the other. You need to go to your control panel and then to sounds and audio devices. Now click on properties for your audigy soundcard. And what you will find is that the rear speakers are leveled lower than the front ones. To correct this just move the slider. One problem I also found was that you have to move the slider fully down first and then back up or it would not register. You also have to do this everytime you load up atomixmp3. Its a pain but it should sort your problem.
Jukesy

Mensajes Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 11:14 pm
ok. i was able to reset it. Thank you.. My next question is why do you think i did to make only one side of my headphones have output... ie.. i can only hear from the left side of my headphones...
please help

thanks

Mensajes Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 6:53 am
where do you have your headphones plugged in. Front or rear output? Go back to your soundcard setup in the control panel as before and check all tabs and sliders (there may be a balance slider) make sure that you also have your soundcard configured for quadrophonic speakers. Otherwise I am not sure on this one, maybe dodgy headphone connection? To test the sound card there should be a test in its control panel. You will hear a sound go round all four speakers. (if you have four plugged in, if you dont test the front two first and then plug the speakers into the back and then test those two) if all that works it is probably your headphones. If they are the small adapter type they haved a tendancy to only play through one channel.
Hope this helps
Jukesy

Mensajes Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 9:16 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Do you use mono output? That could be a reason why you hear only music on one side of your headphones.

Roderick

Mensajes Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 11:00 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)