Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Check it out... Bad quality... - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Thats wierd... I ripped mine of cd?? Surely that should have and accurate bpm?? i know some people modify the bpm settings when encoding mp3's but this is default speed im sure....

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 6:31 pm
You're right Dark Storm... I've experienced the annoying sound on songs with only 1% increase in pitch...

DJ Rick: I'm glad that atomixmp3 is working for you. It is working for me too, but 99% of the time. But I've learnt to live with it. :)

-Jim

My "solution" to the problem:
What I've done is to classify the songs that has this problem as "pitch sensitive" in the comment line. Probably not a right term for the problem... but anyway... I also find the pitch range where I don't hear any sound distortion. That way I know where I can use that song... I mean at what BPM.

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 7:33 pm
Good idea jim, although not the best solution, its a good way to keep it safe so that u hopefully never have to hear the decrease in quality.

Most tracks are fine with no problems (None that i can hear anyway) its just that single track really that is the most obvious. I dont think i will be using time stretch any time soon tho because that was, for me, worst than the hissing as the double thud in the bass happened most of the time. How dj rick and the others have not heard this i dont know?? But he did say in his post that he resets the bpm to default whenever he can during the track. This is okay but sometimes u just wanna play a track with that little extra bit of speed and energy. So if u wanna play at extra speed then u are looking at a sound decrease... :((

Dj Dark Storm

Mensajes Fri 02 May 03 @ 8:21 pm
This will settle the score:

http://members.rogers.com/djproc/atomix.mp3

No offence to ANYONE here I love you all :p ... But I don't care how many nights a week you DJ or how you think the output is fine. The clip I have above is an original WAV file taken directly from CD (Chemical Brothers - Enjoy) using EAC. The clip has the mids and highs are non-existant from the original recording. I've put the file on atomix switching between 0% and 5.8% every 4 beats. If you can't hear the change in quality .... then you seriously need your ears checked.

Mensajes Mon 05 May 03 @ 7:20 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Honestly, this is about the most foolish test I've ever heard of. I don't give a crap how it sounds while you are changing the pitch by 5.8% every 4 beats... Tell me when in the world while I'm DJing I would ever have to do that? Who cares if changing the pitch every 4 beats sounds bad. Jeeze Trip... it seems like you just live to shoot holes in the notion that Atomixmp3 is a great DJ tool. I have a nice car, but if I pour sugar in the gas tank, it's going to run like crap. What would that prove? Should I start to complain to Detroit that their product isn't right because it can't stand some sugar in the fuel? You can keep doing your tests, and posting the results. Personally I test it 3-5 nights every week. So far the results of my tests have been perfect! Once again (for what the 3rd or 4th time) you want to suggest that I need my ears checked... Right, the 100 or so people in the room every night need thiers checked too I suppose. Not to mention the bartenders, and bouncers who hear not only me every week, but live bands, and another DJ who is using CD's. Atomixmp3 sounds great for live DJing. OK, maybe it doesn't measure up for someone who wants to make 5% pitch adjustments every 4th beat. That's not me. It's not most of the DJ's that I know either...
If you're ever in the area, stop around... I'll take you with me when I'm testing it. I can't post my results, but I get paid every week, and they keep letting me come back. To me that's the test that counts!

oh yeah, when someone says no offence... that usually means someone is about to get offended....

Mensajes Mon 05 May 03 @ 7:42 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Ok this post has gone long enough, for those of us who use Atomix in a proffesional setting we know how well it sounds. Under a magnifying glass anything can have its flaws. I say take it out and work with it. Ask others what they think. I have had may compliments on the sound quality as opposed to cd's. You do have to know what to listen for when setting it up but thats simple (especially if you have the time to analyze a 10 sec piece of audio over and over again). Anyways you are all entitled your own opinion. In mine I see no problem with the sound. Naturally everything has room for improvements........

Mensajes Mon 05 May 03 @ 8:18 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)