Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Virtual DJ and my modified XBOX - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I figured out a way to hook up my modified XBOX with virtual DJ and use the XBOX Media Center Visualizations with the output of VIRTUAL DJ.....OMG it is awesome and I'm getting visualizations that go to the beat of the music while putting no added stress on my CPU. If anyone has a modified XBOX let me know and i can post a how to on this....

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 12:01 am
wow! how did u do that?! i have an xbox, and that is exactly 100% what i need!

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 6:20 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Hook me up nawtboy I got a modded xbox with the hdd and all.

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 7:05 am
I have a modified XBox and ps2 with a hard drive what do we need to do

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:31 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
audio000 i see you have a ps2 with a hdd. how did you make this work? I have a few spare hdd's at home and a ps2, and i would like more information on this please.

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 2:59 pm
If you have XBOX media center on your modded box you can go into the settings and play streamed music....

what you need to do is either hook up your xbox and virtual DJ to the same router or you can just hook them up directly with a crossover cable. What you then do is broadcast your signal to your local network in VDJ and you set up the ip address from your computer in the xbox media center to be streamed.

Heres the thing i'm trying to figure out though now.....since it is streamed it is on like a 3 second delay.....I have submitted a request from some of my friends in the xbox media center scene to see if there is a way around this delay but i think its more of a VDJ thing since i think VDJ is compressing the signal before it broadcasts which is where the delay is coming from....I'll let you know what i find....

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 3:56 pm
lej78480 This will tell you every thing you need to know If I can help let me know

http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_whatis.htm

I have a
v7 ps2
400 gb hard drive "Seagate"
the mod chip is a "Apple" but this is not needed for the hard drive

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 4:23 pm
NAWTBOY, I also use a modded xbox as my whole house audio/video/photo setup. You can also use a Windows Media Center PC to do the same thing. I use xboxmediacenter on my hacked xbox, and he is right - you can stream to the xbox and use the visualizations in xboxmediacenter.

Hint - this will work with any music software that can stream to the xbox, not just VDJ. NAWT,.. you need to minimze your read ahead buffer on your xbox so the visualizations will be more in sync with the music. Who cares if it drops a beat or misses a frame since you are not actually listening to the stream from the xbox, just watching the visual.

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 4:48 pm
can i take a normal xbox, and make it have this media center thing, or do i have to by it with it?? cuz this is something i really want to do.

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:17 pm
I THINK YOU CAN ONLY PUT THE MEDIA CENTER ON A MODDED XBOX.....look on craigslist....they have them listed on there.

Mensajes Wed 10 Aug 05 @ 9:43 pm
Read the F.A.Q. at:

http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/

There are chipless mods that can be done with the Xbox. Depending on your desires and skill level, there are all kinds of xbox mods that can be used. Some require opening the xbox up. I've done 3 different methods of xbox mods (including a modchip), and I like the hard drive swap trick the best. It's the most reliable way to do it, anyone with fair computer knowledge can pull it off and if you back up your xbox hard drive, you can even return it to it's original state if you ever want.

Did I also mention the mod allows you to do things like run Linux? I have a modded second xbox that runs Gentoo linux and is also my firewall at home. You can plug USB devices into the joystick ports (which are really just funky looking USB ports) if you buy (or make) the adapter cable. My firewall has a second ethernet adapter plugged into the front ports, as well as a USB keyboard and mouse - something you'll need to connect to your xbox if you want to do any serious hacking on it.

Ok, for a DJ forum,.. are we officially off-topic yet?

Mensajes Thu 11 Aug 05 @ 12:44 am
What a great idea guys! I often thought about how to get a line-in facility on the xbox in order to use those great Visuals of mediacenter. This also brings me on another idea: You can 'record' your live set on your xbox while it is generating Visuals! Superb man.

Hey i mod xboxes myself, anyone need xbox-mods?

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:15 am
YES dj cannonball, i do, what exactly do you do when you mod it? and what does it do to the system, and what features will i loose... and what will happen if i hook virtualdj up to it???

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 7:13 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Modded XBOX with registered VDJ, ironic don't you think? relax it a joke :)

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 10:16 pm
all i do to your xbox is opening it up, soldering a modchip onto the mainboard, and closing it again.
I can put the xboxmediacenter on it if you want (recommended)
and if you got a bigger HD, i can fit it into your xbox as well. it has to be 3,5" and IDE.

There are loads of extra features you can do with your xbox after it is modded:
* Play DVR-r backups
* Play games direclty from your BIG harddrive
* download gamesaves from the internet
* use Xbox Mediacenter!

that last feature is the most important one (to me ;) it plays ANYTHING (Mp3, avi, divx, mov, asx, ogg, wav, mpg1, mpg2, DVD, VCD, SVCD, broadcast-streams(internetradio)... anything!
check this website for all the things you can do with xboxmedicenter: http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/

i charge 50 euros for a mod (all in), i have been modding xboxes (and playstations) for more than 2 years. I do 'proper' clean installs, they never fail.

Mensajes Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 11:29 pm
cool, and i can broadcast, from my xbox???? and how can i contact you?

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 1:58 am
hmm, good idea,

download demo,
buy x-box for xxx $$
let it be modded for 50EUR
(maybe without delivery)

and you can broadcast.

It's much simplier to broadcast within VDJ :-)

it looks like it's not the problem of money you don't have.

it looks rather you want to show how "McGyverish" you are...

Don't forget to use SPDIF connection between your computer and x-box in order to have best quality.

how much time you spent reinstalling windows or uninstallig the demo you have. I think if you are so smart you can easily earn some money by servicing your neighbours pc's.

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 2:44 pm
I think people are losing the point of why i brought this topic up......The point is to have cool visualizations and not have your computer doing all the work. There is a whole community based around making visualizations for the xbox media center so there are thoasands to choose from....

And yes....it is fun trying to get it to work to :)

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 3:31 pm
NAWTBOY yes it's a good and understandable idea but my point was
regarding brennan11@nastyuser.com

and it's truth that it wil lower your usage even if using it for broadcasting.

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 4:38 pm
i already have an xbox... and virtualdj broadcasting cuts out after 20 seconds, unfrotunatly you all have refused to help, so i want to braodcast as soon as i can, but i also want to buy the program as soon as i can, so maybe if i could get virtyual dj to help, i could buy the program, when i have the money, then go get my xbox modded...

Mensajes Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 7:12 pm
65%