Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Anyone you a Scratch Amp

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Anyone ue a Scratch Amp w/ VDJ?

Mensajes Sun 28 Aug 05 @ 11:35 pm
Wow I musta been half awake writing this... Please excuse the spelling mistakes etc...

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 12:06 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've never heard the term, what is a scratch amp?

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 9:32 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Sounds like a scratch plug in for Winamp if I had to guess.

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 9:41 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Arn't the Sratch Amps the interface Final Scratch uses to interface between the TC vinyl & traktor?

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 10:53 pm
What ScratchAmp is? Is the soundcard (dual) that is shipped with Finalscratch v1.0 & v1.5

I have a ScratchAmp, haven't tested with VDJ. I do think it will work, but NOT as good as MAYA 44USB, why? ScratchAmp don't have ASIO so you will have as bad performace (high latency) as a scrappy soundblaster card!

Fact is that my VDJ with MAYA44 USB works better than my FS 1.5 (with scratchAmp) onthe same laptop, specialy notiseble if you do a backspinn, FS have problem, VDJ gives me a nice realistic backspin.

I don't use FS any more, I'm now stuck with VDJ (in vinyl mode...)

Mensajes Mon 29 Aug 05 @ 11:16 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Ken,
I use a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum with my TCVs with 2ms in ASIO mode. I don't was able to buy in Mexico the Maya 44 USB.

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 1:18 am
Yes I am talking about the ScratchAmp for Final Scratch but I'm wondering if anyone is using the ScratchAmp 2 that comes with Final Scratch 2. I've had a problem with it and trying to see if anyone else is having the same problems.

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 4:20 am
acw_dj, how do you get 2ms on a SB card in ASIO? What drivers do you use? How poerfull is your computer?

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 8:26 am
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think that 2ms theoreticaly speaking is for now impossible for an asio2 card, imagine for an audigy card....
Now as for the practical part with maya44 in asio2 mode and low latency you can get a total of +12ms latency (Card+s/w) which is quite unnoticable.

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 11:49 am
Ken,

I set my ASIO Config in VDJ to my Audigy2 and in there I have many options. I can go from 50ms to 2ms. I select 2ms and click OK. I have it in this configuration since then.

My computer is a P4 540 (3.2GHz with HT, FSB 800, 1MB Cache) with 1.5GB RAM DDR2 533MHz working in dual channel. This is in an Intel motherboard (915GUX) and I plan to go for a 955X motherboard. My hard disk are SATA (80MB, 160MB, 300MB) and an external 160GB HD. My Video Card is an ATI X600 with 256MB.

By the way, I spend $189 in my soundcard (Audigy 2 ZS Platinum).
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=204&product=4915

And Look this:
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=14064

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 8:54 pm

Mensajes Tue 30 Aug 05 @ 9:13 pm
OK I get it, but I did't know that SoundBlaster hade a true ASIO soundcard. I know there is simulated ASIO drivers for SB card, but that gives not 2ms latency...

XFi cards look intresting, but I need USB for my laptop so I stay with my MAYA 44USB for now.

Mensajes Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 12:00 pm
The maya is just fine. It is not made it anymore (since JUN2005), it's a waste. Now The new soundcard by this korean fabricant is ESI U46DJ http://www.esi-pro.com/viewProduct.php?pid=60&page=1. Is more expensive (doubles the Maya 44 USB price) but still the cheaper solution for USB.

You have the nicest soundcard for TCVs (or TCCDs) for a notebook. (And cheaper too).

Mensajes Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 6:40 pm
So the dont make MAYA44 USB anymore, that's bad...

Hopfylly the will do a MkII, that happend with there MAYA 44 (PCI) the stop making it took it of there website, and a half year or so later the MAYA 44Mk II was on the market.

Mensajes Wed 31 Aug 05 @ 8:17 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)