Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hooked on TCCD - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 8:41 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
what do you like better? and what cd's players are you using?

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 2:16 pm
Why not use TCCD and xp10 at the same time. TCCD/TCV are nice but the more I keep my hands off the laptop keyboard, the better. xp10s allow me to do that.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:39 pm
i'm sure you could but keeping the xp10's would be like having a $600 keyboard

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 7:52 pm
Thing is, he already has them! He won't get anywhere near what they are worth on yahoo auctions. He already has them priced at a big loss ($600), and I'd be really surprised if he even gets that much for them. Especially since these are the CRIPPLED XP10s that only work with VDJ.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 8:30 pm
well even though he has them anything is better then a $600 sandwich, i see different prices for them but whats the actual cost after shipping and all that? i often wonder, not that i dislike xp10's because i'd love to try them but why wouldn't anyone just get middle of the road cd players that scratch with TCCD, i think their much more useful.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 8:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree, the xp10's LOOK like nothing compared to a nice pair of CD players, but then again, the xp10's are known to have a better jog wheel than most cd players, strange but true, thing is they are too small!.

I'd take TCCD over XP10 anyday of the week.., but a midi or usb controller would be nice to use in combination with CD players, true.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 9:04 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
I will like to have a pair of XP10, but the price is to high for what they are. O could believe that a pair of good CD-Players cost less than this "boxes with buttons and USB interface".

If I want a controller for VDJ, I go for the DAC-3 for $499 instead.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 10:36 pm
I looked at the DAC controller but I didn't like the all in one, rack mount design. Coming from a 2 turntables and a mixer background, I wanted the left controller on the left, the mixer in the middle and the right controller on the right. DAC controllers don't allow me to do this. Also, the DAC jog wheel doesn't even come close to how nice the touch sensitive platter on the xp10 is.

Mensajes Tue 06 Sep 05 @ 11:19 pm
Well, Anewsome you have a great configuration and, with your equipment, the XP10 are the correct solution. You have a very compact and powerful set. But the XP10 are too expensive for what they are. I don't feel right with XP10 because of that. In that case, MAYBE I go for the DAC-2 or 3.

The fact is, I use TCVs and TCCDs. In the future (with a better price or chance) a pair of controllers for VDJ.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 1:48 am
chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@listen2 - I'm running TCCD's on Numark Axis 9's. I've toyed around with the CDX and must admit I fell in Love with them. I've heard many horror stories though, so I'm just waiting for more feedback before upgrading to them.

@anewsome - What are the real benifits to using xp10's and TCCD together? To me it seems a bit redundant. Are you able to use all the features on the xp10's with the TCCD's running at the same time?

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 3:26 am
I use the xp10s so I can keep my hands off the keyboard. I use them for scrolling the song list, hot cues and looping, setting cue points, loading songs, fine beat corrections (tough with the Technics since they lack pitch bend buttons) and tempo adjustments. Using the slider on the Technics does not allow timestretch to work at all, not too mention the delay between moving the tempo slider on the Technics and the delay before the bpm updates on screen - making fine adjustments a pain in the ass while I move a little, wait a little, etc.

Yes, all features of the xp10 work even when I have the TCCD working - except of course the sound cards are not used in them. I use the Maya44USB.

I do have my Dual CPU Xeon now, I need to run down to CompUSA and get a 17 inch monitor for it. Will probably do that tonight so I can test it out for latency. I'm still hearing cracks and pops with TCCD though. I've went through my setup very carefully and I still hear a pop or crackle at least once per hour in my set. This makes me very leary of using TCCD in a live gig (which I have only done once and heard at least two crackles during performance).

Even more disturbing than the random crackles is another weird thing I've noticed a couple times. The effect #3 will randomly turn itself on when using TCCD. At first I thought it was me hitting the #3 effect button but then it did it again and I KNOW I did not hit the button. Weird.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 4:30 am

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 4:43 pm

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 10:19 pm
but with that denon the platter is pressure activated, not touch , either way i but those before an xp10, when i use TCV i try not to use any pressure not to stress the motor but only to grip the vinyl so pressure touch would feel unnatural to me. i have tried those denons before not to my likes, but i'd say there are ok.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 10:33 pm
listen2 you are incorrect. The Denon has a belt driven rotating platter,.. a pretty natural feeling, albeit small, platter. Pioneer has non-motorized touch sensitive platter, as does xp10. Technics DZ1200 has direct drive 10 inch platter, Denon has belt driven smaller platter. I believe it is about 6 inches.

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 11:42 pm
TileTomPRO InfinityMember since 2017
"The DN-S1000 is designed to offer many of the same high-end features and benefits of the popular DNS3000 in a compact, easily portable package. The DN-S1000 features a pressure-sensitive platter that can be used to mix, scratch, backspin, brake, search, and otherwise manipulate as if it were an analog turntable."

Read complete specs here: http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-DEN-DNS1000.html

Mensajes Wed 07 Sep 05 @ 11:48 pm
yes it can be used as a vinyl would be but the The DN-S1000 does not spin with a belt drive motor, check the videos on the djdeals page. The Denon DN S5000 Table Top has an Active Platter but is $899, i was talking about 2 players for about xp10 money.

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 12:35 am
Hmm. I guess you guys are right. I've used the Denon 5000 and it does have a belt driven platter. I just assumed all the Denons did.

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 1:58 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think I'm turning my xp10's in for some cd decks too. Its been wicked fun to say the least. Citronic I think is the same brand as American audio with a touch sensitive platter like the xp10. I was playing on them in a store out my ways and they are definitely quality built and have all the same features as a cdj-1000. The size of platter is a big issue, you just cant complete the same scratches.... example being the tear scratch.

I'm thinkn of getn 1 vinyl & 1 cd deck and the new behringer controller as a substitute for the keyboard. I wish I knew more about TCCD & TCV before I got xp10's :(

I'll be selling my xp10's with my mixer and case if anyone is interested...

Mensajes Thu 08 Sep 05 @ 3:08 am
80%