Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Visual Appeal

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Mensajes Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 2:48 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
rick you posted a bad link again :)

Mensajes Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 7:02 pm
This link works for me

Great ! :-)

Mensajes Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 7:18 pm
it works fine for me too

Mensajes Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 9:41 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thank you!

Mensajes Sun 28 Mar 04 @ 11:27 pm
Hey Rick,
Looks great! Does your screen stay in the rack or do you remove it?

Mensajes Mon 29 Mar 04 @ 7:55 am
The screen folds down onto the mixer. The mount has a ratchet feature that allows me to position it at any angle.
It just makes it under the top lid, it is a real squeaker, but it fits.

Mensajes Mon 29 Mar 04 @ 10:42 am
nice set up

any chance of a pic of what you see ?? ( the decks and how they set up ?)

dj smokey

Mensajes Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 3:38 am

Mensajes Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 11:13 am
good stuff

what kinda spect u got on the laptop

Mensajes Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 7:46 pm

Mensajes Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 8:45 pm
nice specs and nice setup
i dont think its gets any better than that good one

dj smokey

Mensajes Tue 30 Mar 04 @ 11:02 pm
Thanks man,
Thinking out layouts for hardware is a pain in the @$$.
Not much you can buy off the shelf these days.
Hope it gives other guys some ideas for building their own.

Mensajes Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 5:58 am
Actually it has, thanks Rick. I was kicking around in my head using a rack mount server chassis with a wide screen flat panel (I have gotten spoiled with the one on my Dell D800 laptop), and perhaps mounting in a Military Drash case. Only problem is those Drash cases are d@mn expensive! I was thinking about putting the monitor on a hydraulic resistance rods with a snap close lid (if that makes sense) So it would make it for easier set up and mobility.

Thanks again, it is giving me the need push to bring this idea to frutation. BTW nice looking setup!

Regards;

Redman247

Mensajes Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 12:11 pm

Seeing as there seems to be some interest in this I will give you the background of it all.
I have had 2 other laptop systems and realized the limitations of repair and troubleshooting problems that arrise, particularly heat and resources.
I recently got into video and wish to utilize a pc for this. This required huge specifications to achieve, so I decided to build a killer system that would do it all.
The board is a ASUS p4800 deluxe 478. The board carries 4usb2, one firewire, lan, onboard sound and video with vga and composite out. I added 1024 ram, waveterminal 192L, G-force nvidia dual head video card with dual vga and s-video out. The processor is a P42.6/512K cACHE 800 fsb.
Lots of help was given to design and build this. Jason,(cyder) was very instrumental with PC hardware selection. Others helped with case design and layout to arive at what you see.

The MB has 7 pci slots and requires a special slim 350W power supply.
But the best thing of all is the weight and the dimentions of 3Ux15.5" deep. The net assembled weight of the chassis was 25#'s.
The only drawback is it only has one exposed bay, which I installed a dvd/cd/rw.
It carries a pair of Maxtor 250g serial ATA drives.
I used a 14" Samsung monitor that has a great mount point on the back for future rack attachment and the frame is recessed inside allowing me to inset a cut piece of 1/8 glass to protect the lcd from finger prints, nails and dirt.
I also ordered a lighted keyboard to eliminate the need for wand lights.
The room on the shelf was too limited for a mouse to reach it's target so I went to a Microsoft optical trackball, which was the best move I have ever made, $39.95.
I use a 12 channel line mixer with FX because I do PC karaoke with the system, it is kind of big, but necessary.
I installed an OEM copy of XP Pro which has no bloatware at all on it, nothing but 100% music related software and no problems at all.
Here are a few links from the assembly of the system.

The supplier of the chassis:
http://www.kricomputer.com/shop/
The assembled chassis:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pb2cc9ebaaa23ab24e7a0c92606988c5b/f9c9cb86.jpg
The back view with all but the wireless mic:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p4e40c7abbd791b50a0fdd741ccc7164f/f959924f.jpg
The closed up gig box:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p4b65912848cbd45c588822f54135c8b7/f9599249.jpg

If anyone has specific questions feel free to email me.
soundstreamexpress@comcast.net

All emails will be answered.
Rick

Mensajes Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 2:27 pm

Mensajes Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 11:23 pm
dog u must be bored or high lol

Mensajes Wed 31 Mar 04 @ 11:55 pm
Smokey..........psst...pssst..cough....cough cough...
it's out man.......

Actually those days are over for me, but thanks for humoring me about it.
The reason I posted the link on the chassis, is that is the ONE thing that took the longest to figure out. Most chassis are 21" deep and rack cases leave no room at all for wiring connections.
I was told my many, who I respect in this business that I wouldn't find this, but I did.

My intention was only to help others seeking this kind of system a short cut.
I've certainly got plenty of other things to do, later........

Mensajes Thu 01 Apr 04 @ 1:06 am
hey man i meant no offence it was a little joke i actually read the whole thing and it was really interesting specially the chasis ,,,,, i didnt even know that these exist
a rack mounted pc case ,,,, hmmm hell yeah i'm getting one for sure and thanx alot for sharing not alot of ppl share these days

respect

smokey :)

Mensajes Thu 01 Apr 04 @ 3:10 am
Rack mounted pc cases have been around for years, but they are generally used for servers and have mainly a market in that arena. The good news is that you can go to ebay or some other reseller and get them for cheap if you are running a shoe string budget.

Here are some of the cases I am looking at these are 2U rack server cases, I am considering going 1U because of the smaller footprint (I am also going to use a 1U case for my cars MP3/DivX/WLAN server. This is my next project).

http://www.pricewatch.com/1/74/3975-1.htm

Regards;

Redman247

Mensajes Thu 01 Apr 04 @ 6:57 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)