Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Hercules Headphones

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

spearyControlleristMember since 2005
Hi,

I have a problem with my Hercules console & Virtual Dj 3.0
(sorry if the question is already posted, I can't seem to find an answer)

I can listen to deck A OR deck B on my headphones.
But I'd like to listen to deck A AND deck B at the same. (to check if the two songs mix together well)
I tried pushing the left and right headphone button together but apparently only one can be active at the same time.

Anybody has an idea. Apart from listening with one ear to deck A on the headphones and one ear to deck B in the live mix on the speakers :)

Thanks !

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 7:32 pm
You will have to change the configuration of the sound card you have, to get what you want. Go into cfg, soundcard tab, and choose what works with your soundcard.

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 8:05 pm
I don't understand.
I chose Hercules as soundcard and I can't find any options in Virtual DJ.
Please explain

thanks

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 9:05 pm
I'm sorry, I thought there was an option for the Hercules controller. I don't have a Hercules controller, but may still be able to help you. How is this controller hooked up to your computer? Are your headphones hooked into the controller or a mixer? Are you using the mixer in VDJ? Is there a head phone mix option, on the Hercules controller? And this may seem stupid, but are these stereo headphones? Of course you could wait for someone that has a Hercules, to help you.

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 9:21 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
You need to choose a skin that has a 'headphone mix' slider for this to work.
Mixstation(s)
Advanced defaults skins from DJJB
FLOOP
Numark CDS

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 10:45 pm
Thanks Hayward & Man and his Music

@ A Man and His Music : I plug the headphones into the Hercules controller and use the controller to mix. I have an output to the amplifier with a mix of channel a and b, and I can chose between A and B on another output to the headphones

@Hayward : I'll try that, does this means it's not possible on the controller itself (without using the mouse on the skin) ?

Mensajes Tue 04 Oct 05 @ 11:07 pm
HaywardPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Thats correct as far as I know.
I also have HDJC.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 2:10 am
Anybody else has experience with this ? (I think it's pretty useless to be able to monitor only deck A or deck B, and if Hercules console doesn't enable this it's a major letdown...)

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 8:53 am
Well it's not useless of course, but monitoring both decks at the same time is a must (that's what I was trying to say :)

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 8:54 am
Found it, just created three shortcuts to headphone mix values 0,2048 & 4096 and mapped these to the console....

Now, I'll try something similar to disable jog wheel when deck is live.. (on amplifier)
Those jog wheels really are to sensitive...
(with my thick fingers and drinking habits, LOL)

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 10:44 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Good Luck! Speary, hope you can make it.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 4:26 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)