Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Difference between equaliser and EQ fader

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hello,
I'm new to DJing, I'm just trying some things and I have a question.
What is the difference between the equalisers of the 2 decks and the EQ fader?
I will try to explain my question with an example.
Suppose I'm want to mix song A on deck A into song B on deck B.
-> I set the equaliser (bass-mid-high) on deck B to killed. When mixing I'm increasing the 3 equalizers of deck B and decrease the 3 of deck A. I'm not using the EQ fader.

Or:

-> I leave the 3 equalisers of the 2 decks as they are (in the middle), but I set the EQ fader to leftmost position (position to deck A). When going from song A to song B, I slightly move the 3 EQ faders towards deck B.

These are 2 methods of doing it, but I don't know if there are any differences and whether one method is better than the other. As I already read in other posts, the EQ fader is an excellent DJ tool, but I'm still confused with my question above.

Thanks in advance for helping me.
Pietje

Mensajes Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 5:27 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
As far as I know, the two ways of mixing (as you listed) are the same. The EQ mixer would (if you could actually hold it physically) let you mix with one hand what would take two (if you actually have knobs to hold on to)... one hand to turn down the deck A knob as the other hand turns up the deck B knob.

The EQ fader really nice when you are playing 128k/s MP3's, cause when I play those, I have my highs and lows bumped up a notch or two to try making up for the loss of quality... and using the EQ fader means you don't have to reset them every time you use them... you just leave them at their settings and use the EQ fader.

Mensajes Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 6:09 pm
Thanks for answering my question.
Now I can use the method which fits me best.

Pietje

Mensajes Sat 03 Apr 04 @ 7:05 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)