Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: ghost in the shell

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi everybody,

Yesterday night I had my first big guige with my virtual dj setup (ibm laptop 2,0GHZ, 1GB ram, 40GB disk place, and of course the MAYA44 USB) and I have to say that it was a blast. I was playing to a huge crowd, the session was about 5 hours long and the crowd basically loved from the beginning to the end, and so did I. No more wastin time browsin through the selection of cd's, makin last second tempo adjustments, just a lot of fun, funk and groove all the way long.
Since I was playin at a huge discotheque and I had huge monitor soundspeakers just right next to me, I think I was in the middle of a huge electromagnetic field. At the end of the guige, I unplugged from the electricity all the appliances but still a theramin kind of whistling sound (really high pitched) was coming out of my laptop (it was unplugged at the time). Today basically laptop speaks for itself it hawls and whistles in the area where the microphone is (damn I just remembered that I have to unplug my microphone audio setup) Well I think I just answered the question myself. Anyway in case anyone has any inputs on how to protect the laptop from strong electromagnetic fields and to make it more suitable for big guigues any input is more than welcome.

Thanks

CC Kid

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 6:16 pm
That might have been your flux capacitor discharging at the end of your gig. This has been known to happen. It's normal. It happened to me once and kinda freaked me out but I'm cool with it now.

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 9:33 pm
Maybe it's the lamp power supply that's maiking noise.
What does it sound when you close the LID ?

Mensajes Wed 05 Oct 05 @ 9:39 pm
Hi guys,

Problem fixed, thanks for the input.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 7:48 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 2:37 am
arjunaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Also I have installed a flux capacitor to have a better performance (and to do time travels), and I suppose that a laptop that now requires 1.21 Gigawatt, supplied by a plutonium powered nuclear reactor, can have this kind of problem :)
Maybe replaceing the reactor with a "Mr. Fusion" home energy generator is the answer!

Ciao!! :)

Mensajes Fri 07 Oct 05 @ 11:42 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)