Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Fianally feeling good

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am fianally feeling really good about VDJ, my only wish is that sound quality would improve. But outside of that I'm happy with this product. I thought I would share a little mix I made using VDJ 3.1
and the following gear:

Northgate Laptop P4 2.5
1 gig or ram
Windows XP Pro
2 Pioneer CDJ 800's (with TCCD's)
Pioneer DJM 3000 Mixer
Maya 44 USB

Intro - It's nothing - Sly Boogie (Inst)
It's nothing - Sly Boogie
Electric Relaxtion - Tribe Called Quest
Independent Woman - Destiny's Child
Bring Em out - TI
Disco Inferno (remix) - 50 Cents

http://www.djreggieward.com/reggie's_mix.mp3

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 8:19 pm
Are you still uploading the file

first download was 3.3MB (only intro and it's nothin)
Second Download was 4.2MB (only intro and it's nothin)

:/

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 10:18 pm
sound quality is still a nag of an issue. sometimes i notice it a lot and sometimes not so much. that's kind of weird i think. i can't even conceive from a programming standpoint how it is even possible for vdj to sound bad, then restart it and it sounds better. makes absolutely no sense at all that this could even be possible. i would agree that it happens though, and other people on the board would agree the same.

i really notice the biggest difference though when i switch to playing mp3 cds directly with my DZ1200s, the sound quality compared to vdj is night and day. this is even with auto gain, timestretch, etc turned off.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 10:41 pm
I downloaded your mix and checked it out Reggie. Very nice. I DJ hip-hop myself so I wanted to see how you do it. Clean scratches and professional sound. Sounding good. The breakdown mix out of destiny's child was silky smooth. I like to play that T.I. song in my set but it's hard to bring in on a beatmatch since the intro is all over the place with no clean beats to mix on. Your mix was pulled off masterfully in my opinion, kinda similar to my style.

If you listen to the radio mixers here in Los Angeles (Power 106fm), their mixes are basically 20 minutes of some DJ doing every trick, stunt, effect and scratch in the book. They constantly cut it up and scratch a bunch of songs beyond recognition and that is their hot mix. In my opinion they are multi-tracking anyway. Some of that stuff just isn't possible by one guy with two turntables. They need to just learn to mix in the song and let it ride.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 11:09 pm
Anewsome, thanks for the love. Yeah I think if the programmers could improve upon the sound quality VDJ would pretty much crush the competetion. Not only is the sound quality night and day different than playing mp3's direct from a CD, but also from other DJ applications such as djdecks (using VDJ Timecode) and tracktor. But I don't want complain to much because I know this has been brought up before. Yeah I've heard some of those mixes your talking about and yes they have to be pre-maid using a four track. There's no way one dj can cut mix and blend that percise. Anyway keep doing your thing I saw the video you made recently, and I was feeling it.

Mensajes Thu 06 Oct 05 @ 11:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)