Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Pay extra for AtomixMP3 plugins VDJ FULL 1.09??? - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

It's a good thing that atmomixmp3-plugin support is added to VDJ 1.09.

but... i went to the website of atomixmp3 to download some of the plugins. Most of the plugins cannot be downloaded because i don't own a full version of Atomixmp3.

Does this mean that i have to pay extra in order to get atomixmp3-plugins? EVEN if i already have payed for an Hercules version of VDJ, AND the FULL version of VDJ??

This isn't right. is there another way to get those plugins?

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 1:09 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
This feature is a bonus added for customers who have an Atomixmp3 license.

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 1:25 pm
So, you're telling me that i have to pay for those plugins? it's still not clear to me

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 1:39 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Atomixmp3 plug ins work exactly the same way the virtualDJ plug ins work. In order to download them you have to be a full registered user of Atomixmp3.
They added this feature for people who own both.
Many VirtualDJ users were first Atomixmp3 users. Also, many Atomixmp3 users eventually upgrade to VirtualDJ. These people already have the Atomixmp3 plug ins.
If you want to have all of the Atomixmp3 plug ins, yes you must purchase Atomixmp3.

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 1:44 pm
That's not fair! Just like Hercules console owners have to pay the FULL price for a piece of software they already have.

But still, i agreed to pay for a full version in order to get some plugins.

and now this! i'm getting ripped for just a few atomixmp3-plugins. Besides, i only want to try some of the plugins for testing. I'm not paying for something i haven't tested yet.
and i'm certainly not paying for something that should be included for customers who already payed twice for the same software.

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 2:01 pm
@DJCannonball

Please try and look at this from another perspective. I paid for both AtomixMP3 and VirtualDJ, but I have not bought a Hercules controller. Is it right for me to expect a controller and its software if you were to be given access to the AtomixMP3 plugins? No it is not. Why? Because I paid for the two piece of software seperately with no gaurentee of them ever interoperating together (If you search through the threads you will see people have been requesting this type of cross functionality for some time, and it has not been fesable until VDJ v1.09) This added feature I believe is not meant to rip anyone off, actually I think it in reverse, it is meant to reward those who have been with AtomixMP3 for awhile, sort of a way of saying "Hey we haven't forgotten about you".

Now allthough VDJ and AtomixMP3 are made by the same company You bought and paid for support for VDJ & Hercules not AtomixMP3. So anything regarding directly the interoperability and function of VDJ and Hurcules is in your lane for support by Atomix. In a sense would you like it if all Demo users were given access to the VDJ plugins you paid for? Most likely you wouldn't. The same logic applies to AtomixMP3 users, they would be highly upset to hear about VDJ or Hecules users who never bought AtomixMP3 suddenly have all the plugins for nothing, while they were told (Like VDJ users) that plugins can only be obtained by buying the full version. Hopefully this clears things up for you.

Regards;

Redman247

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 2:37 pm
As I have paid for Automix, VDJ and the controller and you should get something for free that I had to pay for. That would not be fair to me.... I agree with vdj asking you to buy the additional licence.

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 5:05 pm
I really don't think it's a rip off or unfairness. For us that had atomix, after upgrading to VDJ, atomix became obsolete. Kudos to the development team, now atomix does not seem to be a total loss.

Mensajes Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 6:30 pm
I can't agree with this.
Looks like this discussion will never end, therefore i will stop arguing about this and let it rest. I'm really dissapointed about this part :(

I must say v1.09 is really excellent, but i don't understand the atomixmp3plugin-policy at all. Those plugins, It's not worth it to continue arguing about that, and remain worthless in my opinion.

please close this topic

Mensajes Tue 06 Apr 04 @ 9:33 am
last post was from me, but IE logged me out again

Mensajes Tue 06 Apr 04 @ 9:37 am
You could ask the people who made the plugins to submit them here as well. Since it is mostly users and not the atomix-team that actually make the plugins, I don't see how this can be refused by Atomix.

Jim Nordic

Mensajes Tue 06 Apr 04 @ 8:03 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Was there a discount for atomix users to upgrade to vdj? I don't mind giving say 25 bucks for the access to the plugings but 60 bucks for a program I'm not going to use is a little much don't you think

Mensajes Tue 06 Apr 04 @ 11:02 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, we've gotten along pretty well without them so far. The VirtualDJ effects are far superior. I doubt I'll even bother to move even 1 of the Atomixmp3 effects into the virtualDJ effects folder.
Seems like you're ready to make a bit of a stink over something really minimal.
damn, let it go :-)

Mensajes Tue 06 Apr 04 @ 11:34 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I agree Rick,

I didn't mean to make a "stink" about it, I'm over it

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 5:06 am
Jim Nordic has a point. In my point of view, Atomix wants to make money by charging VDJ (full version) users to buy an Atomix-mp3-licence in order to be able to download the plugins. But these plugings are not written by Atomix, but by USERS!

So.. Atomix wants to make money of something they didn't write.

Now.. is that an argue or what??? thx Jim ;)

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 6:51 am
I don't think Atomix ever planned to make or actually makes money of the plugins. They are not trying to rip you off. Access to the plugins is just an incentive for non-license users to buy the software. A bonus to the paying customer. I also believe that this new feature in v1.09 is a bonus to old atomixmp3-users.

But I think it is up to the users who made the plugins to decide if they want to submit their plug-ins or not to this site in order to benefit the vdj-users. I don't see a problem with this. I strongly agree with atomix's decision to limit the access to the plugins to paying customers. They can't just remove this limitation, or set up accounts on the atomixmp3-site for every VDJ-user. So my solution is again... that the writers of the plugins have the final decision.

So ask the writers of the plugins if they could submit their plugins again on this site. I mean if somebody wants to use old atomixmp3-plugins in vdj... that's their business. Let's not limit the users of vdj.

- Jim

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 7:18 am
Come to think of it... I would like to see the same rules apply to skins. I don't like the idea of illegal copies of VDJ running my skins. But yet again... nobody uses my skins anyway... :)

Cheers...

- Jim

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 7:26 am
Not true Jim, I am using your Platinum skin at the moment. And if you ever release that 1920 X 1200 skin, I will no doubt use that as well. Good work & thank you! ;)

As far as this topic goes Jim is right on about what he says with one minor detail. Allthough users have created the majority of plugin's / skins for Atomixmp3 / VDJ. Ultimately they are hosted on Atomix servers, and so that gives them the right to deny or grant access to anyone as they see fit. The problem here is that even if the original author of a plugin says OK to move the plugin to the VDJ site (Keeping it in its original AtomixMP3 coding). Atomix could still say "no", because afterall it is still on there servers.

As far as Jims other suggestion, I believe a good comprimise for the skins would be to leave it up to the author when he / she submits thier skin, weather or not they want it available for Demo users or the Registered users. It could be something I believe easly scripted into the site. Because I can imagine how upsetting it may be (If I were a skinner) to find out that not only is some cheapskate using a cracked copy of software I had to pay for, he is reaping the rewards of my hard labor for a skin I had created as well.

My apologizes for being so longwinded everyone. lol!

Regards;

Redman247

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 7:51 am
I see your point, Redman, and you're right. I revise my views... :) It is also up to atomix, since it is their server. But, I would like to think that atomix would have no problem with this. They want what's best for their customers. Right? ...since they are giving us these excellent updates. ("Brown-nosing") :)

- Jim

ps.
Redman: So you're the ONE. (using my skin) Lol
Thanks.

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 8:07 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I'll just remember you that before the 1.09 vesion nobody was complaining. Now I really don't understand why some people complain because we give a free bonus for the old Atomixmp3 users...
Nobody is forced to buy Atomixmp3, you're not forced to use the Atomixmp3 plugins. And the plugins are still free, but as always only for fully registred users.

Mensajes Wed 07 Apr 04 @ 8:37 am
83%