Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: M-Theory

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Ok so the thread about which came first the chicken or the egg has a larger question attached to it which got me thinking (dangerous I know). M-Theory is the answer exept no one can figure it out. Why? Because quite simply we don't have enough math to figure it out yet. Sounds funny I know. M theory comes from a grouping of "string" theroy. (yeah the one about black holes and stuff) So my question is not about the chicken or egg, but of the universe, us and everything it or theoretical physics, anyone else into this stuff?

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 6:03 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think theoretical maths, physics and science in general is soo boring! its all just 'wel lest just say this could happen. based on this this could happen. and if that happened exactly this fast and with this amount of entropy over the span of the electrolytic system then this mite happen' its so boring. Science of blowing things up is fun. theorising about meaningless rubbish that may be (and probably isnt) the case is for those people whos brains are so large the need something else to put in there. like sudoku! im a great fan of philosophy tho i find real world problems and angles very stimulating. Oh and if anyone out there is into astrophysics but isnt a brain machine check out http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553380168/103-3507598-8765452?v=glance&n=283155&v=glance

one of the first general theorys of why unexplainable things happen was with RAF pilots during WW2 when they used to blame unexplainable disturbances and glitches on 'gremlins'. i think making up a branch of theory to bundle into it all things that dont add up is a bit nutty. even if having 6 dimensions in the universe would be cool and time travel is possible (even if it does technicly mean reducing yourself to infintesimaly small size) i dont think tis gonna happen any time this millenia

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 6:18 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
M-theory: unification of the physical laws(Forces:electromagnetic,strong, weak,gravity) to try to simplify

Are you crazy to talk about that here? I'm not against but...

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 6:44 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 8:19 pm
I don't know about you guys, but this is exciting stuff to me sorta like a hobby. This is one of the few fields in that the answeres are stanger then the questions. Anyone heard of the Oh My God partical? its a real thing look it up. Or like in some m-theoriest suggest we are mearly a projection of another demension. Cool stuff, but we are just dj's right :)

Mensajes Thu 20 Oct 05 @ 9:50 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Cyder, maybe we are only "projected DJs from another dimension" ;-)

Mensajes Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 5:15 pm
Could be. Here is somthing I found intresting today :)

I'm not sure I believe this theory (Grand Unification Theorem)
here is what is purposed.

E = MC2

&

E = Δ TC2

Then it must logically follow that:-

MC2 = Δ TC2

M = Δ T

or

Mass Equals change in time!!!.

Mass which we know is just compressed energy, compressed to the value of speed of light (186,000 miles per second) squared, which is a of a LOT of compression let me tell you.

When you decompress Mass (in the form of a nuclear explosion) you get a whole lot of energy released from very little mass - such is the amount of energy trapped within mass. You get enough energy to power whole citys - or to destroy whole city's in fact the very Earth itself.

Now - what thier theorem tells us - is that JUST as much energy is compressed within TIME as there is trapped within Mass!

For every second of time we decompress, we can expect to release 9 x 10 exponential 16 Joules of energy...thats a LOT of energy - just like a nuclear bomb or nuclear power plant..in fact it's 90,000,000,000,000,000 Joules of energy (which is something like Ninety thousand million billion trillion gazillion) Joules of energy - which is plenty enough to run ya household refrigerator for a few milennia let me tell you.

Sooo - in just the same way that if Nuclear power didn't produce radiation (nuclear waste) it would have totally replaced other forms of energy like oil by now.. conquering of the dominion of the 4th dimension energy Time - will lead us into the golden age...

The only real hurdle that remains is the "mechanism" by which we unlock "time"...and it countinues...

Mensajes Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 6:28 am
Cyder, you tell me once... "Come one... we are only DJs who likes music..." Are you the same? or you're an Alien replacement for Jason?...

;-)

Mensajes Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 11:16 pm
Yes I like music, djing, physics, and the unexplained :) The truth is out there....hehe

You guys just haven't seen this side of cyder yet :)

Just because I like talking about more then djing doesn't make me an alien hehe...like I said this has been sort of a hobby of mine ever since college.

Mensajes Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 11:57 pm
Just in case anyone one is curious of the next update here is the equation

Vdj Update= Δ T x DT/Δ Y^2

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 12:04 am
and no you can't have the values for dt and y

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 12:26 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
X+1 + G3 = TR54 = I don't give a damn!.

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 12:38 am
That is unfortunate...

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 12:52 am
If I can't have the values of DT and Y then I need another 3 equations... I can't resolve a 4 variable equation with only one equation...

But is a tricky equation...

Vdj Update= Δ T x DT/Δ Y^2
Δ T= Vdj Update / DT/Δ Y^2

Δ T= (Vdj Update x Δ Y^2) / DT

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 12:56 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
assuming T is time what is the delta of T ? you dont specify so infact your equation is a a laod of poooooooo. make a trimultanious equation with the actual answer as the answer.

Vdj Update = DT divided by the (Difference of Y squared) multiplied by the Difference of T(ime?)

well difference between what? lol. when is the sodding update lol! i want my time stretching!

time for bed what the f**k am i doing up at 5 in the morning

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 6:09 am
LOL

The deta T is the change in time :)

DT is one of the variables Y is another So it Should read like this

VDJ Update= Change in time multiplied by DT (unknown) Divided by the change In Y (another unknown) to the second power

Its not a load of pooo as you say it makes perfect sense givin you know the variables involved as acw suggested eariler. :) besides it was ment to be a joke.

Can we get back to the string theory stuff yet?

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 6:18 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)