Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Tema: Compiling the DAC-3 mapper SDK - Page: 4

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I've only used it myself with the default skin (On my desktop PC where I do the development) and Apopsis Timecode skins on my laptop. Do you get the problem if you use the default VDJ skin? I'll have a try with the MOTOR V3 Pro skin and see what happens.

Unless the skin does something unusual with the file browser, I can't see why this would cause a crash.

Does repeatedly pressing DOWN (Without SHIFT) at the bottom of the file list cause a crash?

Mensajes Fri 03 Feb 06 @ 7:42 pm
I think I have found the source of the problem and a way around it.

To answer your questions: yes it crashes with both the default skin and the motor v3 one. I tried it with a couple of others as well which makes me think it's a problem with Virtual DJ itself rather than your plug in. It never crashes when you just press down on the browser, it's only when you use SHIFt as well.

To confirm how I manage to make it crash, I click on my computer in the file browser, select my D drive which contains all my music folders and then click on one of my genre folders such as 'pop music'. When I try to either scroll through the tracks using either SHIFT + up or down/SHIFT + left or right on the jog wheel, the program just exits to windows after about 10 seconds of scrolling through the tracks. It's when using the jogwheel that your almost guarenteed a quick crash! It only does it with folders that contain a lot of tracks, you will notice the waveforms freezing and the displays on the DAC 3 glitching as well.

The way I have found to stop it crashing is by just typing the genre into the search window and then scrolling through the tracks, this is actually easier than me having to click through my folders to find the right one. I just got a bit worried that there was a major bug in the plug in.. I tried this out last nighty whilst mixing 2 tracks and punching effects in and out and did not experience any problems at all.

I have a brand new nu systems custom built pro audio laptop so I'm pretty sure my hardware isn't at fault (It's the cleanest and most basic windows install you will ever see, I highly recommend them).

Thanks for all the support jp, I'm making my DJ colleagues who use serato rather jealous with the amount of support I'm getting and quality of product that Virtual DJ is proving.

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 4:23 pm
My music is organised by decade/genre - Browsing through My Computer to the music folders works fine for me with SHIFT+UP/DOWN and SHIFT+jogwheel. I've also tried right-click + Show All at the top level (To show all music) and also scrolling within the entire Local Database.

Is your music on a local disk or an external USB or firewire drive? This might make a difference. I store all my my music on a local drive at the moment, but due to lack of space, I will be getting an external firewire driveisoon.

I've found that if you scroll using the jogwheel and spin it too fast, the display will stop updating (Along with the DAC-3 LCD's) until the wheel slows down, but the music keeps playing with no glitches and no crashes occur. This is probably an optimisation in VDJ to prevent it getting slowed down by too many display updates (From rapid scrolling in the browser.)

I've tested using both VDJ 3.2 on my Dell desktop PC (Where I do development on the mapper) and my Sony Vaio laptop running VDJ 3.3

Mensajes Sat 04 Feb 06 @ 8:50 pm
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi JP,

i've noticed this too, when spinning the jog wheel to fast...but it seems to do it only on skins with a large browsing area.

It's not the mapper or controller thats for sure. I've tryed many skins an it is the large browser skins that cause the glitches, but the music keeps on playing fine. Using the default skins works flawlessly.

cheers.

Mensajes Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 6:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm really interested by that. Which skins precisely?

Mensajes Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 6:52 am
muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
After testing which ones glitch whilst spinning the job at a fast speed i have noticed that all of them do.

strange :(

Mensajes Mon 06 Feb 06 @ 4:20 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)