Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: FULL MIDI remapping

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Dev Team!
I'm bored about the way you map MIDI messages. Why don't you spend a day to add full support to ALL non-SysEx MIDI mesages? Damn, you'll have just to filter them in a switch()... EVERY commercial program with MIDI messages supports EVERY non-SysEx message!!!
PS: also let us load our external DLL at startup, don't care what is inside them, because I want to make a mapper based on Windows "winmm.dll", but which talks with VDJ. This will make your program more flexible. Have you ever seen how many MODs are there for Half Life? That's because part of the spurce is free, but you can talk with ALL the parent program, not with just a few attributes/methods. I'd like to make some interesting things, but I can't. And you know I don't make stupid plugins...

Mensajes Sat 15 Jul 06 @ 1:34 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Snore

u need to get out more , the midi works fine for me ,

and its never a good idea to flame / knock the dev team as they do such great work

every other product for djing doesnt come close

Mensajes Fri 04 Aug 06 @ 9:03 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
It works fine with buttons, but not with incremental encoders and potentiometers. Because of this lack people who've got a BCD2000 can't remap it completely. Ok, next version will have full support for it, but what about those people who bought a MIDI pad or a MIDI keyboard with such components? I'm making my own MIDI controller, but I can't map it completely, and this isn't good.

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 7:50 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree. MIDI is a standard, and why not support it fully? :)

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 8:14 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
This is a fair request, and i agree.
To give a possitive note, dev team is aware of the midi limitations and i'm sure they will fix/improve midi sooner or later.
How sooner or later.. i don't know...
That's the only i can say.

Mensajes Sat 05 Aug 06 @ 10:12 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Agreed! My Faderfox controller is not fully supported because of this limitation.

Mensajes Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:14 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)