Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Using hercules mk2 with timecode - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there anyone here satisfactorily using their dj console mk2 with timecode in a pro/semi pro environment?

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:13 pm
it works pretty good, as long as your not a hardcore scratcher...

If you are a scratch dj, then the asio drivers will be a bit slow..

But if you are not, the mk2 works ok with timecode..

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 5:30 pm
I'm thinking of getting one of those, do they work well with native asio drivers or do I need asio4all?

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:18 pm
The work pretty much as norway said with the native drivers. The only problems i had with mine was getting it to run on vista (no-go),

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:27 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Native ASIO drivers for the Mk2 used with VDJ work really BAD. With Reason they work very well. Don't know why...

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:38 pm
the drivers work good for regular audio play (like Reason does)...

Its the input reading from timecode that makes the Hercules a bit bad for fast scratch, as they are to slow, so the scratch will sound digital...

But for regular use its fine.. I use MK2 with timecode cd's and dont scratch.. I'm a club dj, not a scratch dj... And I actually love the mk2;)

Mensajes Mon 17 Jul 06 @ 7:59 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I love it, too, but I don't understand why its drivers are so slow... in few words, it's just a sound recording thing, handled by software... it MUSTN'T be SO slow. If I knew the algorythm, I would study its workaround. I know it's something like PWM, but I haven't studied it at school yet (maybe next year in Electronics).

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 1:56 pm
well if Hercules could give you the open source and you would fix it, you would have several THOUSAND fans around the world;) hehe...

I want my herc to work faster in Asio too...

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 3:56 pm
I set up my hercules and axis 9 in asio mode last night for the first time and I must say, it was quite easy to set up and I am very pleased with the results. The hercules works very well in timecode mode with the axis 9 except for the latency problem mentioned earlier by dj-in-norway and others. The setup is quite responsive none the less and most scratch moves can be done with the combination and the cues were quite good as well.

I am very suprised at how good the timecode works in vdj without additional custom harware which other dj software requires (traktor, serato, etc). I am looking forward to version 4 which promises all round improvements in sound and timecode. Go Vdj!!!

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 4:44 pm
yeah... Hercules and timecode works good for normal djing:)

It's just fast scratch that it lacks a bit of asio buffer speed. But I'm no scratch dj, so using MK2 with timecode works pretty good for me

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 5:15 pm
I'm not a full fledged scratch dj but I do throw in the occasional scratch between mixes. But for my style, this setup is fine. I hope the sound when in asio+timecode mode is stable enough for live setting. I have had no so good experiences in the past with mk2+asio audio.

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 5:28 pm
what I shame sometimes I love scratching for some shows,hope behringer bcd2000 doesn't have the same problem, well I will go on with my audigy2 zs platinum meanwhile since scratching with this soundcard sounds really good, Manquin DJ.

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 06 @ 7:32 pm
From what I've heard, the bcd2000 has a terrible soundcard and is USB 1.1 not 2.0

Mensajes Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 10:15 pm
@manquin_dj

You can of course use the Audigy card for input from timecode, AND use the mk2 controller at the same time.. .

Its a great neat controller, just not the best of soundcards in asio mode. But works damn good in WDM mode, and pretty ok in asio too... Just not fast enough for scratch.

But since you already have a fast asio card, you can add the Hercules as a controller only, if you like ...

Works good for that use :)

Mensajes Wed 19 Jul 06 @ 11:05 pm
Is it possible to use a cd player to control one deck in timecode mode and use the hercules mk2 on the other (play, pause, cue, etc.) simultaneously? I notice the other controls work but I have not been able PLAY a song on the deck not controlled by timecode with the mk2 when timecode is used on the other deck.
Do both decks have to be controlled by timecode cd/vinyl when in timecode mode or is there a way to get a mixed 'play' mode?

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 5:11 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Yes use the time code active shortcut, some skins have it its also in your keyboard shortcuts

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:29 am
I have used this shortcut but the track still does not play. The play button lights up on the console but the waveform does not move and there is no sound from said deck.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 5:05 pm
Try using the default pro 3.4 skin with the timecode bypass buttons. That one worked for me before I had two tt's;^]

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:45 pm
what's the diffrence between default skin and default pro? is there something more useful for tcvs in default pro?, Manquin DJ.

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 6:50 pm

Mensajes Thu 20 Jul 06 @ 7:01 pm
77%