Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: TCV's and pitch slider

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi Y'all,

I've noticed that my Technics 1200 MK II's with TCV and VDJ (both 3.4 and 4.0) behave a little funny with the pitch slider... It's subtle, and not problematic, but just curious if anyone else sees this with TCV's?

The issue is: when the pitch slider is right at 0, the BPM is where it should be. But as I "increase" the pitch, by moving the pitch slider downward, the BPM VDJ detects either does not change at all, or actually decreases by 0.1 BPM until I get to the first small line (where it should be +0.5%)... In other words, there is some "dead space" right below the 0 line, on both my TT's, where the pitch slider does not seem to affect the pitch, at least according to VDJ. Is this something about TCV? Or is this just specific to my turntables? Anyone else observe this? The "dead space" is about 0.5 centimeters...

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 4:34 pm
think it might be a bit intentional, to compensate for the turntable wow and flutter....
Not sure.

But I've heard others say the same as you.

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 5:58 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
if i understand you .. your moving the pitch on your tt's correct?

in that case your pitch slider might be slightly off, those 1200mk2 have a click in the middle to quartz lock the pitch to 0 but the pitch slider might actually be off and have a 2nd loctaion where it also is 0. refer to this http://www.mio.co.za/article.php?cat=&id=238

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 6:20 pm
You mean the 1200's may be made that way intentionally? Or the TCV in VDJ?

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 6:22 pm
Listen2: Very informative article!!! Thanks! So it's not just me :) So yes, it looks like my "true 0" is just below the click in the middle, so there are indeed 2 0's... Interesting to know -- actually it's just fine with me, I got the Technics 1200 MK2's deliberately, so I could learn the nitty-gritty of how these famous contraptions function. I'm planning on getting CDJ's at some point too, and for those I will not be so forgiving! But this is exactly the type of thing I wanted to learn about and get used to, in case I'm ever DJ'ing somewhere and this is all they have... So I don't think I'll attempt the modification they describe on page 2 of the article... Can't wait to get CDJ's though ;)

Thanks again!

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 6:31 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
the MK3 i believe took the click in the pitch out just for the reason most people were modding mk2's. You can also open up the 1200 and locate the pitch adjust and make that spot match were the quartz lock is, either way its fine.

Mensajes Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 7:44 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)