Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Improved auto mix feature - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VirtualDJs Automatic mixing has always sucked, and was one reason why I didn't buy it years before I did. It would be *so extremely simple* to resolve this by doing the mixing the same way that the foobar2000 plugin I used previously did...

Basically, when the song drops off so many dB (on the final fadeout, not in breakdowns and such), the next song starts playing. With this system, there is actually no crossfade at all, but an overlap of the beginning and ends.

If you wanted to be fancy, you could configure fade-in, fade-out, overlap time, and such, but the only setting that is really needed is probably the drop in dB required to signal that it's time to start the next song.

Perhaps having customizable automix points for certain songs that you want to override the presets on would be a nice touch.

Would it really be that hard to implement a song overlap transition like this? Certainly far far more simple than the automatic beatmixing that comes default with VDJ...

Mensajes Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 3:07 am
Hi,

I am now testing VDJ before buy and go live;-)
(I hope this thread is not dead yet although 3 months old)

I agree with most of mentioned here (I don't agree with Chris'es 1st item --- you can edit it in the third tab of the BPM settings.

As I am learning the stuff and the documentation is not very good I spent lot of time trying the features of automix settings.
For those who might not be clear about it, look here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/67709/General_Discussion/Program_Auto_Mix.html

Definitely automix need bugfixing and improvement. First of all the mix tempo fade length issue.

I thing there sould not be Force fade option in the config, but more options like
force/allow fade mix
force/allow cut mix
force/allow tempo mix
Or better, priorities of mixpoints combinations

In the edit automix options, the "allow checkbox" should be not only for cut and tempo, but for fade, cut, tempo and more over separately for entry and exit point.

There should be options to temporarily disengage beatlock on cut mix and fade mix (who wants to beatmatch on cut mix?)

For each mixpoints combination should be defined crossfade type.
So for example what you call here FM transition is a situation when song with fade exit is followed by song with cut entry.

Tempo mix should synchronize e.g. one bar sooner than on the sync point so that on the sync point it is already ok.

I would happily spend a little more time to make a small "business analysis;-)" on this topic like above you can comment and improve, if I knew some developer would at least read it and think about it. Coz being afraid whether it is only "complains discussion".

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:02 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)