Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Improved auto mix feature - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

For a long time there have been many many many posted from DJ's who complain about the start of song being cut off when you allow VDJ to automix the songs. Wedding, pub and party DJ's (and i'm sure that is a huge pecentage of the people who own VDJ) need the full song played. At the moment we use "FORCEFADE" ENABLED and "Auto Beat Match" on DISABLED. I set the fade length to 2.4 seconds. This gives a reasonable cross fade but cuts off the first seconds of the song.

The DEV TEAM need to make VDJ suit not just club djs, the the tens of thousands of wedding DJ's too.

One fix could be this...... Introduce a new options button (or replace force fade) with a button called Full Mix.

This button when pressed would move the built in cross fader into the centre, or engage a condition that would move the fader to half way nano seconds before the mix starts. Then depending on where you set your fade length, the next song would start playing at that point. Right from the beginning. (and please not from the fade entry point). There is most likely better technical ways to do this. for example, If VDJ could analise whether the song was a cold finish or a fade finish, and then do a perfect cross from one song to the next based on that data. But for now i would be very happy with the first option.

Mensajes Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 4:17 pm
djkikePRO InfinityMember since 2004
automix was good for me at 3.4 version... new 4.1r2 nomore. Better if you fix it with 3.4 issues

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 10:54 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you can edit the automix to suit your needs by pressing the bpm tab next to automix button

Mensajes Mon 27 Nov 06 @ 10:58 am
Nice try skyfxl but that will not fix our problem. VDJ will still start the song and start the fader movement at the same time, therefore still cutting off the start of the song. This is a big issue wth songs that start with vocal. We need full volume for the start of the song. Not a fade in.

Mensajes Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 6:32 am
try mix cut maybe?

or manualy set the cues to where you want on the songs

and have it mix from there

Mensajes Wed 29 Nov 06 @ 11:31 am
The new song should start at full volume, when the previous song has reached a gain drop of about 6DB, then after starting new track, fade the old one out.

2 Million radio stations around the world cannot be wrong.

The new track should NEVER be faded in, only faded out.

Mensajes Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 9:20 am
i get what u mean there maybe a option to select bettween FM and club mode

Mensajes Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:15 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
i get what u mean there maybe a option to select between FM and club mode
HIPER quote, I asked this some time ago to DEV team, 2 automix function will be perfect, winamp and Windows media player have already the "FM" automix inside with fade length time selection and I use winamp in any pre-dance time.
I will so happy to use only Virtual DJ because winamp doesn't support ASIO mode and it's impossible to switch/mix "in live" winamp in WDM to Virtual DJ in ASIO without any interruption of the sound for some seconds.

Mensajes Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:23 am
nice one :)

Mensajes Thu 30 Nov 06 @ 11:27 am
Great to see everyone gets it! There is one DJ program I know of, and possibly lots of radio station software, that actually analyse the end of the song for fade or cold finish. It then starts the next song to create the best cross. If it is a fade finish, while the volume is dropping it will start the next song. If it is a cold finish, it will start the next song when it finishes so the notes do not interfere with each other.
this would be all good...

Mensajes Sat 02 Dec 06 @ 3:15 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd like to see a bpm sort function on the playlist side (on the right), so they could be sorted by similar bpm.
Having it be able to shuffle, while keeping the bpm similar would be good as well.

Mensajes Sun 03 Dec 06 @ 3:06 pm
How do you know if the people up top have heard your idea. and how do you know if they think it is good or trash? I would love to know.

Mensajes Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 5:00 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
FM mode would be very usefull since I spin jazz nights as well and it'd be lovely to just run to the toilet even when i have a track less that 5 or 6 minutes. As far as club mode is concerned, it would be also cool if as said previously the track was analyzed and the automix engaged at a preset number of measures before the end of a track. At least in house, a great common number of tracks engage fully at 1 minute averaging about 16+ measures before the bassline.

Just curious though and dont take this the wrong way peepz, but if you're using automix mode in a club, should you really call yourself a dj? IMHO, technology used in the arts shouldnt just be for making things easier persay, it should make certain things easier allowing the operator to do more complex things in the end.

Mensajes Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 7:49 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes, I would love the bpm column in the playlist too!
This way, after I pick say, 20 songs, I can then sort them. Maybe a right click like there is, except also having "sort by bpm" at least, but a column would be best!

Thanks!

Mensajes Sun 07 Jan 07 @ 5:28 pm
John CPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Quote:
Just curious though and dont take this the wrong way peepz, but if you're using automix mode in a club, should you really call yourself a dj? IMHO, technology used in the arts shouldnt just be for making things easier persay, it should make certain things easier allowing the operator to do more complex things in the end.

A whole different topic for a whole different thread. However, Since you asked:

IMHO:

To be a great DJ/VJ is not based on the equipment, but how effective one uses the tools they have to create the performance.

Selecting the mix, MCing, and the personality you add are more of an expression of your DJ talent and abilities.

I could DJ with an MP3 player but choose to use much more professionally designed CPS to assist my talents.

Hope this helps??

On Topic:

I agree that more focus is needed to create a more effective automix. I have adjusted it many ways and find it cutting off low volume level beginnings and ending, and cueing into the track more often than ever creating a smooth professional mix.

I often go manual to mix tracks that are "miscued" by whatever logic the software now uses.

I'd like to see a way to adjust the auto mix parameters more precisely.

I actually use two different formulas. One for videos, and a different one (style) for MP3s, so this consideration may also include one formula (mix) possible for each format used.

Mensajes Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 4:08 pm
By the way,

Guys who where asking about the bpm in the playlist area, it's already there!

I can't remember exectly, but i think if you make the last colum in the playlist smaller, the bpm colum magically appears!

then you can click on the letters "BPM" to have the playlist sorted by tempo. :)

Mensajes Sun 14 Jan 07 @ 3:05 am
fytoismHome userMember since 2007
so basically there is no way to fix the automix program, i made the mistake of using this program for a wedding with out really looking into it and i'll be damned the song started with the begining cut off but i have to take a pottie break, so i take it there is nothing i can do huh

Mensajes Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 4:41 pm
i would never use a demo of any software live..

have you checked ur direct x?

Mensajes Wed 17 Jan 07 @ 4:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fytoism wrote :
so basically there is no way to fix the automix program, i made the mistake of using this program for a wedding with out really looking into it and i'll be damned the song started with the begining cut off but i have to take a pottie break, so i take it there is nothing i can do huh

With a licensed version the problem is not there. Also, you should make sure your system is upto-date with DirectX and HackDetect (if necessary).

Mensajes Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 7:56 am
DJ cstoll, how can you say with the licensed version the problem is not there. Virtual DJ, when in force fade mode, cuts the start off every song, and cuts the end of every song too. Now you might say that that is why it is called force fade, but it is this only in this mode that we can get the program to play the majority of the song.

There are 4 problems.

1st is that the cue points for force fade cannot be altered
2nd is that analysing should have an extra cue point for the first sound on the track. When playing the full song, that's what we want, including all spoken words.
3rd is the end of the song should be analysed for cold finish or fade finish. Fade finish would start the next song a few seconds from the end; a cold finish would start the song right at the end.
4th is the way vdj start the next song; the movement of the fader from one side to the other always results in some of the new song missing. We need a new option that will instantly move the fader to the middle position, and start the cross fade from there.

As stated earlier in this forum, a million radio stations cannot be wrong. Have you every heard a radio station cross fade a song like VDJ? NO is the answer. VDJ is great for club dj’s that beat mix, however pub and wedding dj’s are frustrated with the failing of VDJ to complete a professional cross mix from one song to the next.

This issue has been raised for years now. I wonder if the TEAM will ever fix it.

By the way… I use VDJ 3 times a week is pubs. Because of the above issues, I have to start all the songs manually. An improved mix feature would see me with more time to focus on the crowd entertainment. With all the games and events we play, I need quality automation.

Mensajes Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 8:27 am
91%