Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 5

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

hemanHome userMember since 2005
do any of you know if theres like external soundcards that are compatible with the beatmixing in VDJ

Mensajes Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 12:45 am
Well to answer those questions for you.

Any turntables will work with the TCVs. All you need is a needle with good tracking.

I currently use the Numark TTx although for your budget your limiting you choices of a good turntable. Here is my advice for you on the turntable purchase.

Make sure its a direct drive TT, if you buy used make sure its in good condition

The TT1600 is a belt drive turntable so it won't hold its pitch that well and after some use the belt will start to slip a bit causing it to get worse over time.

The TT1650 is a direct drive turntable which is a bit more expensive but will be more durable and should save you some cash for replacing the belts from the 1600 :D

You will need a soundcard with 2 ins 2 outs (stereo) The Maya 44 USB has been tested by many and have no problems at all. Although the Maya 44 USB is now discontinued it will be difficult to pick up now.

Hope this helps you out

Best Regards
DJ White Devil

Mensajes Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 3:29 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
heman
i'm not sure if you really want to get in to TT or just mixing in general. Since you on a very limited budget I would suggest buying VDJ, then when you are comfortable with that buy a Y-adapter and an external mixer, then you would be mixing with some hardware, when that's good feeling for you then jump to some decks. on a budget i would not jump head 1st into djing.

Mensajes Fri 21 Oct 05 @ 6:20 pm
Y adapter ???? what in the world ???

hopefully next year i'll be able to get VDJ .......

external mixer ??? i'll look some up .......

ok thanks for all your advice ........white devil and listen2 ..........i'll take it into consideration...

Mensajes Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 12:48 am
A Y adapter is what will split your sound into Left and Right RCA connections.

This way you can go from your PC into your external Mixer using VDJ to control the decks and the mixer to mix :D

DJing is an expensive hobby/career. Equipment can cost you an arm and a leg if you want nothing but the best of the best and music isn't given away either unfortunatelly.

start off slow and if you can put some cash aside here and there keep saving up until you can buy something of decent quality this way the equipment will more then likely last longer and save you some cash in the long run.

Best of luck

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Sat 22 Oct 05 @ 8:29 am
but just a mixer ....like what they use in the middle of the vynils ???
if not give me an idea of what it is ....Tx

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 5:48 pm
a mixer is what would be in the middle of the 2 turntables, yes

http://www.behringer.com/DJX700/index.cfm?lang=ENG

this is an idea of what a mixer looks like. Now there are hundreds of different models and specs on each one.

best suggestion I can give you is to go to your local music shop and test out a few different models until you find the one for you :D

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Mensajes Sun 23 Oct 05 @ 6:22 pm
First of all, I'd like to thank dj_in_norrway... great advice, for all audiences!

Second, if anyone still wants the tutorial translated, I'd gladly do it.. I'm a native spanish speaker, and if there are people interested in reading it, I'd love to help them understand it easier.

Dj'ing is really an expensive hobby, but you can start by playing at some small(ish) house partys and build up a customer base from there.. If you practice a lot at home, get to know your tracks and EQ, and mostly just love music, you'll start getting calls (make sure people have your number!) and that expensive equipment will pay itself off pretty soon.

Keep the good advise coming!

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:55 am
First of all, I'd like to thank dj_in_norrway... great advice, for all audiences!

Second, if anyone still wants the tutorial translated, I'd gladly do it.. I'm a native spanish speaker, and if there are people interested in reading it, I'd love to help them understand it easier.

Dj'ing is really an expensive hobby, but you can start by playing at some small(ish) house partys and build up a customer base from there.. If you practice a lot at home, get to know your tracks and EQ, and mostly just love music, you'll start getting calls (make sure people have your number!) and that expensive equipment will pay itself off pretty soon.

Keep the good advise coming!

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 5:55 am
MTAGT56Home userMember since 2005
Hi

Can somebody tell me how you slow the wave editor down so you can actually see the big blocks and the low blocks. its too fast for my eyes

Mensajes Fri 28 Oct 05 @ 6:16 pm
The wave editor goes as fast as the song plays... But the blocks everyone is talking around here are below the waveform.... They act as markers so you know where the beats are, without having to keep track of the waveform. In case this does not help, maybe lowering the pitch until you get a hold on the idea could help you :)

hope that's it

sp.

Mensajes Sun 30 Oct 05 @ 10:24 pm
i had another Q
i was gonna buy a laptop for me and another one for my mom
but if i only buy one better one ....cuz she doesnt use it all that much (remembering that i'm only 16 and still live with my mom) so i was thinking about buying a turntable i prefer a turntable than a turntable .......but wanted to know what you guys think cuz you guys know bout this kind of stuff and i really respect your comments ......Tx for all your help

Mensajes Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 10:15 pm
sorry prefer a turntable than a CD player .....just correcting

Mensajes Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 10:16 pm
what would you say are the best brands for turntables the most reliable and best price?

Mensajes Fri 04 Nov 05 @ 10:26 pm
can u mix with only one sound card,,,i only have one sound card bout i don't know how to play one side of de turntable n listen de next side through head phones?

Mensajes Sat 05 Nov 05 @ 5:57 pm
no one knows ...............first you "have to buy the software"
and without it they dont tell you how to do that...

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 12:40 am
You can mix with one soundcard, using splitter.....

But this only works is the full version... :) sorry

And of course we tell you all how to do things, and help the best we can :) but some features are only available in the full version...

:)

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 12:51 am
one last question.......
what do i need to get a nice setup with one turntable and a mixer/crossfader do i need anything on my pc ???

what i need (this is what i think i need) VDJ, one soundcard, turntable, timecoded vynil, mixer
and then just hook up my turntable on the mic input??? or any other input which i know not of ...thats it ??? or is there more ..........if you guys can answer my questions then i will stop bugging you and live on happily ever after and be eternaly greatful.......

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:05 am
@heman

hehe.. you dont bug anybody at all :) just glad to help you in any way I can, and feel free to ask any more questions that you might have.... :)

For your setup wish, you need the following :
- One turntable (would recommend two, but you can use one, in full version)
- Timecode Vinyl
- Soundcard with line-in (preferably ASIO soundcard, as that makes a lot less latency) (not MIC IN!!)
- VirtualDJ full version

You can use VDJ as mixer, but its in many ways more pro to have an external mixer, as it seems you want.

If you want that, your soundcard would also need line-out.
One line out, can be splitted into two seperate mono signals to your external mixer.

If your soundcard have 2 x line-out (4.1/5.1 soundcard), you can have 2 x STEREO signal to your external mixer (recommended)

A good soundcard for this setup, would for example be the Maya 44 usb soundcard

hope that helps a bit :) and please feel free to ask more, if you have more questions

:)

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:18 am
Sorry for not reading this thread lately...

@heman... good advice for turntable : Technics 1210 ( very good!)

and for the user saying waveform scrolls to fast... You can slow it down, by using certain skins that have arrows for slowing down/speeding up the wave. Or, use scroll wheel on your mouse over the waveform...

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:23 am
20%