Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: DJ MIXING : basic - advanced - pro - Page: 6

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

@ heman again...

just want to point out one thing... You can also use CD players (DJ players) with timecode CD's, a lot in the same way as you would use turntable + timecode vinyl :)

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 1:25 am
hemanHome userMember since 2005
would i need both the maya and the asio ??? which is best and cheapest ???

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:22 pm
the problem is that its freaking expensive..............the cheapest is 420 and i only have about 150 160 for a turntable

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 3:28 pm
Maya is an ASIO-soundcard

Thats what I mean... ASIO have less latency, than regular soundcards (time it takes from when you move the timecode vinyl, til your PC gets the information)

Yes, it can be a bit expencive getting pro dj hardware... :)

You can always start easy.... use software only first.... Maybe add the Hercules controller.
Good for practice,and get you started..

And then get turntables and so, later.... save up for it :)

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 4:34 pm
triphopHome userMember since 2005
Hello dg in norway and all other members, can u please tell me what are the hardwares needed to make real time scratching and how to connnect it. Thanks my email is --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry triphop no email address is allowed from a demo user

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 5:27 pm
look here :
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

You can use XP10 for real scratch, or get timecode vinyl/cd - and use real hardware to controll Virtual DJ.

At the link above is also info on how to connect

hope that helps

:)

Mensajes Tue 15 Nov 05 @ 9:33 pm
but i wanted to be able to do the whole scratching thing ...........dunno if its too expensive according to my calculations its about 450 to get a turntable, mixer, and VDJ......now its the soundcard and what not ......so i'm reconsidering i'm more of a hip hop dj ......the thing is that i wanna go to the states and get everything i need for a while cuz i'm not gonna be able to go back any time soon......................and here in brazil everything is freaking expensive if they even sell that stuff here......................but Tx for the ifno .....just consider my situation..

Mensajes Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 10:59 pm
sure... it can be expencive getting the full package :)

A good start for a beginner, could be getting VDJ and the new Hercules console... for practice...

Mensajes Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 11:23 pm
i suggest the herc, thats what i would do hehe

Mensajes Thu 17 Nov 05 @ 12:26 pm
well ...............i prefer the turntable.......but i'll do my best ...........whatever is better i'll do

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 12:59 am
well what i'm doing is getting the hercules dj console mk2, and using it until i get TT, because the hdjcmk2 is an asio soundcard with 2 sets of stereo inputs and will work with Timecoded vinyl and real turntables

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 6:59 am
how is it that i can mix with just one soundcard????
split it and what ?

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 1:04 pm
how do i split it ........what is a stereo spliter????

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 1:09 pm
how mcuh is the maya 44 soundcard in cash

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 1:10 pm
1. Yes you can mix with this one soundcard (Hercules Console or Maya) - Both are 5.1 soundcards, so you have 2 x out, and prelisten possibility to headphone

2. For the 2 cards above , and all other 4.1/5.1 soundcards, you do not need a stereo splitter.
Stereo splitter is a solution for users having one simple stereocard. If so, you can split the one stereo out, to 2 x mono. One for master sound, and one for prelisten.

The price for a good 4.1/5.1 soundcard varies a lot...
Check out :
http://www.hercules.com
http://www.soundblaster.com
etc

Maya is not made anymore, but can still be found around at local shops and webshops.
Try your local computer store, or search http://www.google.com.

If you want to start easy, and not spend a lot of money I would suggest this :
- Buy Hercules console MKII + VDJ
It is a GREAT soundcard, and also an ok midi controller for VDJ

If you later can afford, and want to expand to use timecode vinyls, all you need is:
- 2 x turntable + 2 x timecodevinyl

The turntable/timecode can be connected to the Hercules MKII, in asio mode.

Hope that helps ;)

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 6:06 pm

Mensajes Sat 19 Nov 05 @ 6:14 pm
those are some great tips ...but you didn't answer my question .....how do i split? what is a stereo splitter??
Yx.

Mensajes Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 11:36 am
This is a stereo splitter .... it will split your stereo signal, into 2 x mono signal...

Mensajes Tue 22 Nov 05 @ 6:53 pm

another example :)

Mensajes Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 9:49 am
but you need the full legal version for that to work.... :)

Mensajes Thu 24 Nov 05 @ 11:46 am
24%