Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: New MBM Button

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Although my idea can already be accomplished by taking some tedious steps (with disappointing results at times), I would like to see a manual beat match (MBM) button added to VDJ. Here's how it would work: once you manual match the beats of two songs, you would press the MBM button. This button would realign the cbg with the waveform according to the beats that you’ve manually matched. You would then press the “Beatlock” button to keep the beats matched. This could greatly improve the “Beatlock” function in my opinion—a function many users are having problems with.

OO

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 8:22 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
atomixmp3 had a feature similar to this, it was a feature that allowed you to sync the beats without altering the pitch, this was a great feature especially when you manually set the pitch (without correcting the actual BPM) you could just hit a button and it would allign to the next peak.

this was one feature that i really felt was missing from vdj.
also i'd like to see a way (ie right click on the sync button) that would set the pitch of the song without accually starting it

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 11:07 am
"atomixmp3 had a feature similar...this was one feature that i really felt was missing from vdj."

Maybe it should be added to VDJ because the Beatlock feature needs improving.

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 11:53 am
“once you manual match the beats of two songs, you would press the MBM button. This button would realign the cbg with the waveform according to the beats that you’ve manually matched.”

I don’t know if I explained this process clearly so I’ll do it again: You have a song playing in one desk. You manually sync the beat of the other song that you are cueing with the song that’s playing. Once this is accomplished, you would press the MBM button to realign the cbg with the waveform according to the beats that you’ve manually matched. This would work similar to a beat mapper. Afterward, You would then press the “Beatlock” button to keep the beats matched.

A simpler concept is to go through the manually beat sync process and press a Manual Beat Lock (MBL) button. Instead of realigning the cbg with the waveform according to the beats that you’ve manually matched, the MBL button would lock the two songs in place according to how you’ve matched the beats by ear. It would also allow you the ability to readjustment the beats and manually lock them in place again.

I would like to see both buttons added to VDJ. This would make the beatlocking feature more user friendly by giving us more options. Maybe macourteau can develop these options into a plug-in. MBM could stand for “Macourteau's Beat Match” buttons.

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 7:57 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hm... you'd like to "copy" cbg from main desk to the one you matched by ear, same as you copy bpm (the main track's cbg should already be adjusted)?

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 9:13 pm
“the main track's cbg should already be adjusted”
True; however, the beatlock feature still doesn’t accurately lock the beats after performing this procedure. My idea would give you two additional options to lock the beats accurately, which gives you a total of three beatlocking options. Consequently, the more practical options you have, the better your chances are of having success with this feature.

Mensajes Mon 09 Aug 04 @ 10:05 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well, I'm still not shure how this will work, but sounds very promising ;)

Mensajes Tue 10 Aug 04 @ 9:04 am
XEODEHome userMember since 2004
i remember someone talking about setting anchors in the waveform, this wuld be much faster than setting up the bpm of a song manualy and having to fiddle with that shite feature that is the manual setting, can we see anchors placed on the waveform please and not just as a slight variation on cuepoints. This would allow songs not made by computer (or reccorded into a framework) to be mapped acuratly as with a blanket bmp most songs will drift and im very verrrrry bad at beatmatching by ear. it would be verry simple to go through a song a select the first beat of a bar on the waveform at key points in the song and this would ensure the cbg was alligned all the way through the song. if the cbg detecting engine is shit, prahaps hint giving could be used:P ie telling it where a beat is and then telling it where another beat is and have it work out where the beatmap resides based on that information rather than having a dumb system not open to inputs.

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 4:56 pm
XEODEHome userMember since 2004
i have seen this feature but it doesnt work and you know it

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 04 @ 4:57 pm
I agree that this would be useful. Especially when you are playing and old analog recorded dance tune. The BMP is NOT perfect and the CBG always "fades" away from the beat. To lock on the waveform would be helpful. I know I can push the space bar many times, but there are times you would like to add effects, etc. at the same time and this would free up the process.

Mensajes Sat 28 Aug 04 @ 4:34 pm
XEODE: “i remember someone talking about setting anchors in the waveform, this wuld be much faster than setting up the bpm of a song manually…This would allow songs not made by computer (or reccorded into a framework) to be mapped acuratly as with a blanket bmp most songs will drift and im very verrrrry bad at beatmatching by ear. it would be verry simple to go through a song a select the first beat of a bar on the waveform at key points in the song and this would ensure the cbg was alligned all the way through the song.”

I suggested the idea of adding a beatmapper to VDJ in two threads. You can find them here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5369&page=10

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5383

See below link for an example, scroll down to “Beatmapper Wizard”

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/Products/showproduct.asp?PID=704&FeatureID=6299

The beatmapper for this software allows you to “go through a song [and] select the first beat of a bar on the waveform.” As a matter of fact, it allows you to check a song bar by bar for bpm accuracy. I think it would be very helpful if a similar feature were added to VDJ.

OO

Mensajes Sun 29 Aug 04 @ 11:35 am
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Mensajes Sun 29 Aug 04 @ 1:48 pm
Sketch: “what i would like is button to bring the 170bpm over to mannaully mached tune, although its actual bpm will not be that becuase you have pitch shifted it......” (quote taken from the “BPM Transfer” thread)

My idea is similar to yours Sketch expect you would use the MBM button to realign the cbg after you've manually matched the beats. Then another button called the Manual Beat Lock (MBL) Button (which I mention in my third post) is used to lock the beats of two songs according to how you’ve matched the beats by ear. As I’ve stated in my first post, “my idea can already be accomplished by taking some tedious steps (with disappointing results at times).” Furthermore, instead of keeping two songs that you’ve manually matched the beats for synchronized, VDJ speeds one song up to match its calculated bpm data when you press beatlock—this throws everything off beat. To simplify the steps involved (WHICH WE ALL NEED WHILE CONCENTRATING ON MIXING), you would press one button (the MBM button) to align the cbg and another button (the MBL button) to lock both songs on beat according to how you’ve manually matched the beats by ear (not the calculated bpm). If you were to also include a beatmapper, you would have several additional options to ensure beat matching accuracy. However, no matter how good the bpm analyzer is, there will be MANY times when a manual solution is need. Consequently, all I’m suggestion is a simple two-button manual solution.

Since you’ve already suggested this idea in the past, I will leave the topic alone and wait for the VDJ DEV Team to improve the beat lock feature. I’m glad that you see the solution for this issue from the same perspective as I do.

OO

Mensajes Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 3:10 am
Double O: “Furthermore, instead of keeping two songs that you’ve manually matched the beats for synchronized, VDJ speeds one song up to match its calculated bpm data when you press beatlock—this throws everything off beat.”

I should have posted “instead of keeping two songs that you’ve manually matched the beats for synchronized, VDJ [adjusts the speed] of one song to match its calculated bpm data [for the other song] when you press beatlock—this throws everything off beat.”

OO

Mensajes Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 3:44 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)