Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Laptop to club and wedding first time

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I am bringing my laptop to a club this week and a wedding in a few weeks for first time. I was curious what is the best quality method to hook my laptop into the clubs system, as well as into a mobile DJ system that I am going to rent for the wedding. What port etc. I have the full version of Virtual DJ on my HP ZD 7000 Pent 4 with just the default soundcard. Thanks!

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 9:39 pm
SPARKYPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Get yourself an XP10 or in my case, a Hercules DJ Console. These consoles are only around £120 now and make the program much more user friendly. IE - you can manually mix so much better as there is a real crossfader and you don't have to rely on the mouse to fade from one deck to the other. Also it has dual 24 bit soundcards in that have more punch than the 16 bit offerings in laptops. I noticed the difference in bass immediately when I switched. (I have a Toshiba Satellite widescreen one)

Also there are RCA jacks on the unit which allow you to connect to virtually any mixer/amp directly.

These units make the program 100% better to use in my opinion.

Other than that, it just depends on the sound system/venue size you are going to.

Mensajes Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 9:51 pm
Where do you get the XP10, and how does the laptop hook up to it?

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 12:12 am
Each xp10 has a high quality sound card built in.

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 12:24 am
mjpaolucci: you can purchase the XP10's from this website. They are connected to the computer via USB ports.

macourteau

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 12:34 am
I am new to this mp3 djing, so I have to ask. VDJ is very easy to use. If you hook up one XP10, does it just control the deck that is not currently in use? Does it interface that easily with VDJ?

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 12:42 am
With only one XP10, there is a button on the XP10 that lets you switch from controlling one deck to the other. The XP10 is fully mappable (you can assign any function to any button) within VirtualDJ, and there are 'Shift' buttons that let you access even more functions from it.

Feel free to ask your questions :) We are glad to help

macourteau

Mensajes Wed 08 Sep 04 @ 12:54 am
Hello.

I need help using my XP10 on my system : Laptop, Virtual DJ Pro, Hercules DJ Console, analog mixer and one XP10 I bought last week. I have to mention there is no manual or pdf provided with XP10...
How to set up those pieces together for the best mixing conditions (headphone monitoring, crossfader on screen, stability and best sound) possible?
Thank you for your help.

DJ Steph

Mensajes Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 1:38 pm
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are really planning to use the default soundcard (not recommended) then you'll need an adapter that has a male 1/8" stereo plug on one end (to the laptop) and two male RCA cables (to the mixer) on the other end. You also might want to get a cable that has two 1/4" mono connectors on the mixer end, just in case. With these, you'll be able to go into one of the mixing board's channels at the club.
As I said, though, this is not recommended. The absolute minimum setup you should go into a club setting with is a second soundcard. You'll still need the above cables to hook into the club's sound system. It's all but impossible to do a decent DJ set without a second soundcard. I recommend the M-Audio USB Transit for that. It's very small and sounds excellent. Again, that's the minimum recommended system (it's also the one I use), which is fine for weddings and the kinds of clubs where scratching isn't necessary.

Mensajes Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 10:08 pm
Thank you for your message.
In fact, I am a mobile DJ with my own mobile system (loudspeakers, amplifier, lightshow, ...).
There is a good soundcard included in DJConsole and a better one inside my XP10. I can connect it with one RCA cable to my mixer and then to the amplifier. What I wanted to know is how to set up my mixer + one XP10 and mix by switching.

Mensajes Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:36 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)