Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Question about downloading music videos

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked already, but has the day come where one can download music videos (individually) from a web site and pay for the video?

I, like many, am part of Promo Only, but was just wondering if this has reached the download/pay method like music has.

Thanks,

B

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 7:34 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hoffman, I've been looking myself. I hate waiting for the dvd to arrive.

Mensajes Mon 02 Apr 07 @ 3:23 pm
There are several but they are all low res 320 x 240 (for psp & ipods) and they are .wmv with drm and can only be played on the device they were downloaded on. There is one British site that has them in 640x480 res but I know of no software that will remove the DRM, and no editing software that will use them and unless I am wrong VirtualDj will not play wmv files with drm either.

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 8:45 am
I haven't registered for this yet, but it's meant to be fairly good quality i think.

www.my12inch.com

dj-e-lectric: just out of interest, could you name the british site that does 640 x 480 res videos (and the others if you can easily remember).

And of course there's itunes, but again they are all drm'ed. Apparently though, there's a way to remove the drm, (would be illegal i think, but less illegal than buying white labels where the samples haven't been cleared!)

:)

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 8:55 am
http://www.7digital.com/video.aspx is the link to the British site. I have downloaded a couple of their videos and the quality is very good, just haven't found a way around the DRM yet so I can get them into Sony Vegas to edit them and make them Nightclub useable...........if you know how let me know. If you don't want to post it email me at info@BlackBoxxProductions.com..........the other download sites are the same as the music sights such as rhapsody, itunes, yahoomusic, etc. but their quality is crap and the resoultion is low and they have drm (three strikes and your out baby)!

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 9:26 am
This site gets a lot of music first, has a large part of it's membership made up of reputable industry artists, and have just started a video section too (in March):

www.ExclusiveGrooves.com

- VT ConQuest
(Visual turntablist)

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 11:03 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hear a lot of people using promo only, i've been using and prefer "mixmash" for a few years, check the site out you may be surprised how upfront they are and quality is excellent, www.mixmash.com

Tayla

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 1:09 pm
ConQuest wrote :
This site gets a lot of music first, has a large part of it's membership made up of reputable industry artists, and have just started a video section too (in March):

www.ExclusiveGrooves.com

You using this site?
How is it?
How is their video selection?
What quality/resolution/format?

$50/month worth it?
You can pay about half that for at least one series through promo only.

Mixmash is in Europe and I don't think they ship to the U.S. ..

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 2:10 pm
How easy is it to work with Sony Vegas? I see that there are two types, Platnium and basic.

Mensajes Mon 09 Apr 07 @ 8:59 pm
I don't know if anybody can think why this might be useful, but I was playing around with a couple of .wmv files downloaded from 7digital (which have DRM). (Tell you what, DRM removal is more difficult than you might think!)

Anyway, if you go to the codecs tab of "config" and change the WMV codec from "internal" to "WMA (DRM)", you can then load DRM'ed .wmv videos into virtual DJ and play them!

The only problem is that you only get the sound (no picture!), so it kind of makes the whole thing pointless!

Just thought I'd mention it though, incase you download a 7digital.com video and want to play it.

Mensajes Tue 10 Apr 07 @ 5:05 am

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 3:32 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Check out

vjscorpio.com/

Just came across it on a google search. Looks kinda dodge but huge video listing

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 4:46 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)