Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Getting A Taste Of The Pro DJ World

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

My homeboy of 10+ years is getting married soon and he wants me to be the DJ. Naturaly I'm doing it for free, don't know yet though if I'll use VDJ and the MK2 or just my dual deck cd unit. I'll defiantly leave the tt's at home since I won't be doing any trick mixing. Hehe, pretty fitting though for me to be doing his wedding as my first gig, so yes for all the critics against the bedroom DJ's I'm finaly leaving the bedroom..lol. Any body got any tips for me? Heh, I can't wait;^]

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 7:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Basically your a jukebox for a night. If you can't accept that then you'd best be hypnotized before you leave :)

Nah best of luck mate.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 7:47 pm
haha, that's actualy true kinda except for the announcements, I'll be playing a list of songs they put down for me so it kinda is like being a human jukebox..lol. Thanks for the encouragment, after this it's on to my nieces birthday party and to continue work on my album;^]

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 7:53 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ensure u have all the cables, jacks ready...... if u forget one of them then it be a disaster as u have to rush to buy it from the nearest store.. hehe,, also get the songs ready n lastly be confident n style like pro man, u can do it:)..

p.s - remind me of my first gigs haha...forgetting abt the cables.

regards
DJ Antarez

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 7:55 pm
Hehe, no sweat on the cables, I learned that lesson recording live bands. I was recording a show at Luigis (pizzaria & bar) one time and had the minijack cable connecting my board to my pc short out, exactly as you said, had to run to walmart and delay the show by twenty minutes. Since then I've always kept at least 5 of each cable that I'll use for an event on hand, never had it happen since then but as you implied, better safe than sorry. Still waiting on the list of songs, but I think it should be a pretty easy gig;^]

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 8:02 pm
Be confident and secure of what you are doing. Nothing happens without you... be in good communication with photographer, event captain most importantly the bride and groom... everything else can be counted as small stuff ( don't sweat it )

I once forgot to release the bride / groom table for buffet and got about 5 - 6 tables in then realized what I did. The same wedding. the mother pulled me out from the DJ booth to have me dance with her, I did a move - she did one move and fell on her a$$ with legs spread ( MILF ).

Closeing time> the sister yelt accross the room " Thomas, I'm firing my DJ and hiring you. Two month later I did hers. ( That turned out to be another story )

Just have a good time and hit the major items and you'll be golden.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 8:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
I would bring both CD players and VJD and midi-mixer slave them both into a traditional DJ mixer and your cover both ways. It also give you an option should one or the other fail to work.

Mensajes Fri 13 Apr 07 @ 9:48 pm
TearEmUp wrote :
I would bring both CD players and VJD and midi-mixer slave them both into a traditional DJ mixer and your cover both ways. It also give you an option should one or the other fail to work.

I just did a few hours worth of tests for my laptop with the mk2 in wdm mode, and everything was perfect until the end and my screen blacked out. So yeah, I'll definatly have to take both I think. I'm still waiting to hear from him concerning the details and rehearsal dates, but this is a good chance to practice what I learned with my grandfather filming weddings (man I miss those days). Heh, I know differant trade, same business..lol;^]

Mensajes Sat 14 Apr 07 @ 2:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)