Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Explorer View

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Is there a way to split the live mixing main screen with an extra portion of it showing my windows folders so i can select songs from special locations on my hard drives and slide them right into the playlist?

Mensajes Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 5:37 am
i think the only way you could do that is with the full version you could find a skin that is smalller than your screen's resolution, that way,there would be some desktop showing and you could put an explorer window there.

But i think this would be a better solution.

Within the browswer window of VDJ, move your mouse over to the left hand side and a list of "local database, my computer, etc" will slide out if it's not already there.

Click the + next to "my computer" and keep going till you find the folder you want. Then right click on it and choose "recurse", this shows the whole contents including sub-folders.

With the folder you want selected, click on the yellow folder icon (just to the left of the "search" window). This will now add that folder to the list below local database, my computer, etc.

Then every time you need a song from that folder, you can just click on it from the list, rather than going through my computer, etc. every time!

------

PS Another thing it might be worth trying is, if you just want to be able to search your whole collection at the same time. Find each folder you want in the browser part of vdj as described. Then click recurse like you did before, but then right click again and select "add to search DB".

Do that for each different foler you have, (you'll only have to do it once if all your music is in a "my music" folder)

Now whenever you click on the "local database" button all your songs will appear in the browser section and you can search through them all to find the one you want!

Mensajes Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 1:38 pm
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hopefully we'll see you with the full version of the software soon!

Mensajes Sat 21 Apr 07 @ 1:39 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)