Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Vestax VCI-100

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

camielHome userMember since 2006
Hello ,

I'm going to buy vdj pro and a better dj midi controller (the mk2 is making me nervous). I have seen the vestax vci-100. But I have many questions. Does it works good with vdj? Is it worth it's money? Because I guess I'll also have to buy a good external soundcard?? Are there better midi controllers to buy?

thank you very much

dj $cvn$

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:04 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think Vestax is very good unit, didn't try it but I saw that people who has it says best about it. You should see the others like XP10, Numark Total Control etc.

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:26 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 1:39 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Lol, Simon comes to the rescue :))

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 4:24 pm
@ camil - The VESTAX unit seems to be a great robust unit according to those that own one (not me)

However.

The jog dials on the Vestax unit are having issues/cannot be mapped to VDJ at this time.

Hopefully this will be remedy'ed in the future.

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 4:43 pm
The Vestax
Looks good
Feels good

and should last forever.

I'll leave it to you in my Will if you send me £100 in cash.

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 5:06 pm
camielHome userMember since 2006
hehe

asymptote,
does the traktor software works good or is vdj better??

and do you use an extern soundcard to prelisten?

I really want to buy the vestax vci-100, but i'm afraid it won't work out.

grtz

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 8:58 pm
Hi
At the moment I'm trying out the M-audio connectiv soundcard and have connected it up so that two phono outputs go to the main output and can then listen to the pfl by plugging into the headphone socket of the soundcard. So all I have to do is to press the pfl buttons on the VCI-100 and the sound comes through the headphones. The preview / prelisten also plays through the headphones. I then connect the outputs from the soundcard throu an Art Cleanbox 2 which converts the RCA/Phono to a balanced XLR and straight to my Mackie SRM 450s. Fantastic sound. All the mixing happens by software, so no sound degradation whilst it passes through a mixer, etc..

I mapped it pretty easily for VDJ, which I much prefer to Traktor LE although that's ok too. VDJ just seems to be more intuitive to me. The only issue is the jogwheels at the moment, but I'm sure that will get fixed in due course.

I think the VCI is a bit expensive, but it is real quality and looks good which is important too. In fact, I reckon that there won't be much need to change midi controllers, because I there are enough buttons on here to satisfy me for a long time.
A

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 9:28 pm
camiel wrote :
hehe

asymptote,
does the traktor software works good or is vdj better??

and do you use an extern soundcard to prelisten?

I really want to buy the vestax vci-100, but i'm afraid it won't work out.

grtz

I used Traktor which in itself is a good software, however; I think the midi assignment is more difficult to assign controls. I don't care for the search engine of traktor. Although, the eye appeal is nice on both. The VDJ is IMHO a better product and more user friendly. ( comparing apples to apples ) ( apples to oranges - VDJ all the way.)

Mensajes Tue 01 May 07 @ 9:30 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)