Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Low Latency USB Sound Card

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have seen the MAYA 44 USB recommended many time on thie forum.

Will I be able to get 1ms latency from a maya44 usb?

if not which USB sound card can provide little to no latency..

Thanks,

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 2:08 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I think no card have only 1ms because human cannot recognize anything faster below 10ms.
You can get ESI U46DJ or some M-Audio sound card.

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 2:36 am
I think the minimum on the maya is 6ms.

That's still pretty fast though! (6 one thousandths of a second). For beatmixing purposes I use mine on like 40ms and there's no audiable delay that I can hear.

But I know scratching is a different story.... :)

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 3:44 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Scratching sounds very bad on anything over 11ms, 5ms sounds perfect but
sometimes screws up on my hercules. Thinking about getting a maya 44.. I don't really use timecode
I use the ICDXs and I didn't think it would affect the scratch sound with that interface but it does.
The scratching begins to sound digitized over 11ms. If I have a good timecode soundcard I would use
timecode.

Thanks,

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 6:50 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Well, Hercules should make better sound card in MK3 instead of making wireless toys ;)

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 2:14 pm
NiemsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Well USB latency at 1GHz is 1ms, but then you need to add ASIO driver latency, as well as VDJ's latency to decode the timecode

Anything around 20ms is acceptable in terms of responsiveness

For example, go into your settings and set your soundcard buffer to 1024, which is 23ms, then load up a song and scratch the disk using the mouse.

The delay you get with that (which is pretty instant to me) is what you can expect for timecode (being just an example, 23ms on output wouldn't be necessary for a U46DJ, as 11ms works just as well)

Remember, your live heared latency will be your total time for input decode, plus total time for audio output. Pushing 40ms is getting pretty laggy

Mensajes Wed 02 May 07 @ 6:28 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)