Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Tutorial for Ecler NU04

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj sykoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
ok here's my tutorial for those with a Ecler NU04. This is based on if you are using VDJ with internal setting or external players using TCCD. Here's my setup. 2 Pioneer CDJ 1000s MK2s-SL1 box from Serato-Ecler NU04-HP Pentium 4 60GB-1GB Ram-128MB Video card.

Internally in Sound Setup you set VDJ to input=None, Output=External Mixer, Sound card=ASIO Driver. Go out from headphone jack on laptop to PFL. Go out from headphone on laptop to CH5 Line in. Now for mapping. Click Remote control tab on VDJ. Ensure that Midi is checked as Enabled and that the light indicator circle is green (not red) showing that the Ecler is being read by VDJ. To double-check this and for more in-depth mapping install the control4lab software included with the Ecler unit. Ensure that on the Ecler unit CHs 2 & 3 are set to midi. Launch the program and navigate to the Device tab->click monitor->on the Ecler unit turn the midi knobs. You'll see info scrolling indicating an interface between the devices. In VDJ click on config. click on add. There are 12 essential mappings (the bass-highs-and mids not included-they are too simple). Map 1-video select trans relative 2-video trans 3-video fx 4-video crossfade 5-video seclect fx (+1) 6-video select fx (-1) 7-loop in on deck 1 8-loop out on deck 1 9-loop length on active deck 10-loop 11-loop in on deck 2 12-loop out on deck 2.

External devices using TCCD. In Sound Setup you set VDJ TO Input=Timecodes, Output=External Mixer, Sound card=whatever your sound card is (in my case the SL1). Here is my setup. Adapt to your unique setup based on your sound card. Audio out from CDJ 1 to Input 1 SL1, Audio out from CDJ to Input 2 SL1. Line 1 SL1 TO H-LINE 1! ON ECLER-Line 2 SL1 TO H-LINE 4! ON ECLER. Click Remote Control Tab of VDJ. Follow same instructions as above with an added step 13. Step 13-In config click add->video->video crossfade (slide crossfader on Ecler unit once again->click ok. Exit config settin gs. you now have full control of the essentials of your Ecler. the rest of the mappings are up to you.

Remember to ALWAYS RUN THE USB LINE FROM THE Ecler NU04 TO THE SAME USB LINE ON YOUR LAPTOP, and the USB from your SL1 to the SAME USB on your laptop to avoid system crashes during a performance.

Thanks to Funnybonz for his help in getting me set up initially with my Ecler.

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 2:31 pm

Good.
Dj Syko, you should put this description into your blog in this site, in order to have it easily reachable.

Mensajes Thu 03 May 07 @ 3:09 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)