Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: xp10

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

chabonkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Trying to get some more feedback on the xp10's...especially from those of you who have upgraded from Herc DJ Console. I'm pretty close to laying down the cash but want to be certain I'm making the right choice.

Also, bring on the pictures! If you've got a link to your xp10 system on the web, please pass it on. Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 5:52 am
spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
They are cool once you get used to them! I have 2 and I also used to have a console.

They are expensive for what they are but what the hell. They have a cheapness feel to them but the jogwheels are superb.

I have yet to master scatching on them, howeber i need more memory on my pc as I only have 256mb

Most importantly they are more reliable than the console!

You can check out a small video of me using them playing some old 89 old schhol at:

http://www.freewebs.com/djnorway/video%20dj.rm

Mensajes Thu 23 Sep 04 @ 7:26 am
I really disagree with the guy who said they feel cheap. They are light but solidly built. Nokia manufactures them.

Mensajes Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 7:07 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree with everything spindem says about them, but would like to add that the circuitry is of superb quality (for example, the pitch slider is from Alps, same as Pioneer decks) and the sound is pristine.

I sold my DJ Console (which I loved too and was unbeatable price-wise) a couple of weeks after I got the XP10s, no regrets, and I'd definitely recommend the XP10s. And yes the jogwheel is of excellent quality.

and it's a sin to use VDJ with these babies with only 256Mb RAM!

Mensajes Wed 29 Sep 04 @ 9:36 pm
Chabonk,

I would really recommend to get an XP10. the play/pause and cue buttons are acurate and respond whenever you need them (in opposite of the hercules-console).

the jogdial is has a slightly lower latency than the herculesconsole. (even if you have upgraded you hercules console with the latest firmware, you might still experience some difficulty adjusting your cuepoints)

scratching with the XP10 is nearly 100% vinyl-like

Mensajes Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 8:40 am
Thanks for all the feedback...very positive. Spindem, I wasn't able to access the link you gave...will try again later. One last question, do the xp10's have Pitch Bend buttons?

Mensajes Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 3:55 am
no it doesn't have default pitchbend-buttons.

i advice you to use the jogdail, that's what it's made for!

but still if you want to pitchbend by buttons, you can alter the button-mappings to the functions whatever you want.

Mensajes Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 4:13 pm
The song's key doesn't fluctuate when using the jog wheel (does with console's jog wheels)? Or does xp10 come with a key lock button or function, like the Numark CD players? Thanks in advance DJCannonBall!

Mensajes Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 9:04 pm
with the xp10 (unlike with the dj console), it fluctutates only if you turn the wheel pretty fast (to avoid a trainwreck). otherwise you won't hear any key change at all.

when I used to have the console, I'd always use the pitch bend buttons instead of the jog wheel because of this very issue. that sucked. with the xp10s, no problem at all using the jog wheel for pitch bending, it's very discreet and not noticeable to the audience.

Mensajes Mon 04 Oct 04 @ 9:20 pm
i rest my case ;)

Mensajes Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 10:10 am
Sold...just placed my order. Thanks for all the help!

Mensajes Tue 05 Oct 04 @ 8:49 pm
allright!!! trust me, you won't regreat it.

when you get your units, if there are any questions, don't hesitate. there are some settings that are not very user-friendly for the XP10 (such as "swap" and "invert") and I can point you to some forums where we discussed them.

and whatever you don't like with the default mappings, there's almost always a solution to get it to work the way you want it.

Mensajes Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 8:05 am
i can see your ID-tag is telleing that you have got one now. Goood :)

but how did you get the XP10 part into you ID-tag?

Mensajes Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 11:32 am
Must be automatic when you order it on the site, it just showed up under my alias one day.

If you got yours from Atomix, maybe you should contact e-service so that they fix your profile.

Cheers,

Nicolas

Mensajes Wed 06 Oct 04 @ 12:39 pm
Yup, "ID Tag" was generated automatically. Also, got my xp10's on Thursday. They're a little smaller than I anticipated but they definitely get the job done. Don't know if I can just turn my back on the console...

Anyways, thanks for all the feedback on the xp10's!

Mensajes Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 12:36 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's all down to what your used too, but I bet after a week or so you'll not feel you need the console any longer (although it's very worth keeping)..

The only advantage the console has over the xp10's is the lights, lights go a long way..

Mensajes Sun 10 Oct 04 @ 5:15 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)