Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Tema: Touch Monitor

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey guys, i know that a lot of you have seen a touch screen, most of it in restaurants and bars, now does anybody ever thougth about a touch screen control for V.D.J. , how fast will be to bring the pitch up and down, what about scratching using a touch screen monitor,drag the song to cue, man that will be so cool.

VDJ Bruno.

Mensajes Sun 27 May 07 @ 1:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
that would work yes some people use this and i have seen vdj used on tablet pcs very cool!

Mensajes Sun 27 May 07 @ 2:01 am
what's skyfxl,
how is that possible?

Mensajes Sun 27 May 07 @ 2:43 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Touch screen, works like on Sony-Ericsson P8xx and P9xx mobile phones series. It is a little slow I think and you can do only one function at the time since it emulates mouse interface and you can't do 2 or more things at the same time with mouse. Will be nice in future.

Mensajes Sun 27 May 07 @ 6:22 am
you sure are right about that!!!!!
would be very nice...

Mensajes Sun 27 May 07 @ 9:18 am

Mensajes Tue 29 May 07 @ 12:31 pm
I have a touch screen (Im using it for my lighting software).
For dj purpose it is just too slow. A common touch screen has a latency of about 20 - 30 ms. Than sum your pc latency and soundcard latency and it will become quite hard to mix. For just playing background music and non mixing environments it could work. You have to make a proper skin, with large buttons, too avoid hitting two buttons at once.
Ewout

Mensajes Mon 04 Jun 07 @ 11:54 pm
(bump)

sorry to drag this up again, but

i use a 19inch touchscreen and i must say that i can mix with it. ive not noticed any millisecond latency.

in the driver for the touchpanel i have it set to draw mode. this means that when i put my finger on the screen it will click instantly.

in virtual dj, i can put my finger on the turntables and scratch instantly, or i can press play, or press any of the screen!!

my only gripe is that nobody has made a nice all purpose screen that has all the best functions (video, etc) and his biger buttons, for touching.

although i should point out that my screen is the type that fits in games machines or computerised jukeboxes. (ie. pc driven)

Mensajes Mon 20 Aug 07 @ 2:36 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, I'm the autor of that youtube movie. Latency is good. Unfortunatelly the skin i used wasn't so good for that purpouse. I will create a skin with bigger button and it will be usable. I will do a better youtube movies.

Have a nice day,
DjKad

Mensajes Sat 01 Sep 07 @ 11:12 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)