Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Cue VS Rane - Page: 4

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

TexZK wrote :
Niems wrote :
- And lastly, after this, I think we need to get a Coke or 2? Norway, Cyder, agree?
- :D

You'd better not to! It will make you fat! I prefer peach tea or water, or a good beer :D

F@#$%$& all that, I want a Pepsi. Besides that, I always judge a person by their integrity and consistency. If you are talking out of both sides of your neck, I no longer hear you. If you say one thing this week and another thing next week, I'm very suspicious. Now we all make mistakes, but you have to admit it, and we can move on. Me, I tried every software at the 2005 AC convention. The only one that could mix video was VDJ. The software I had PCDJ, could mix audio, so why would I need another audio player? I have been mixing video since then, and that's the bottom line, period. My clients don't want to hear what I might be able to do next week or next month. They want to know what I can do for them now.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:11 pm
Niems wrote :
**Small lookback**

Lol this is: funkturnal vs the VDJ community on ESPN (coming at you LIVE right now on your monitor)

I think it's funkturnal's bedtime eh :O He seems to be a suspicious marketer for Rane; I think we have a double agent amound us :D

put it this way guys:

Instead of trying to argue the CAUSE, let's take a look at (in my mind) the OUTCOMES:

- After this, it is once again each man to his own
- No one here, including funk, is going to change their opinions
- Each product, after what has been said, will still be IDEAL
- Nothing said here is of much significance to support a necessary VDJ upgrade
- After this, some people are simply going to have more personal 'grudge' against the other's product
- And lastly, after this, I think we need to get a Coke or 2? Norway, Cyder, agree?
- :D

ehh don't agree. but u have a right to have an opinion.

@I rids...ya think I'm arrogant?

arrogant = exaggerating or disposed to exaggerate one's own worth or importance often by an overbearing manner

I don't exaggerate nor overbear. But I also don't beat around the bush. Straight foward = Funkturnal....which to other question yes = marx aswell.

Marx is my dj name. & no I don't work for rane. If you look @ my previous post u will see whats up.

Now after this debate I took vdj out for an depth spin concerning sound quality. Now with certain extreme settings I was able to get vdj to sound better then serato (but with tons of audio pops) now after speaking about timecode. I'm assuming & believe its the sound card (obviously y everyone loves virtual vinyl) & y norway says your paying 500 for a crappy soundcard.

now if I'm able to use those extreme settings I used with vitural vinyl using that sound without the pops.....then YES VDJ KILLS SERATOS SOUND QUALITY!!! Especially when slowing the record down. Now if this is true then hence y battle djs would be switching from serato to virtual vinyl.

Vdj just has to work out those few bugs that users don't like...& battle djs will soon also not like.

I hope for the best....I personally haven't used it. So i can't comment on it...only on what I have used. But that would be nice to have 70% of that digital noise gone.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:15 pm
funkturnal wrote :

Now after this debate I took vdj out for an depth spin concerning sound quality. Now with certain extreme settings I was able to get vdj to sound better then serato (but with tons of audio pops)

I'm able to use those extreme settings I used with vitural vinyl using that sound without the pops.....then YES VDJ KILLS SERATOS SOUND QUALITY!!!

damn right it does ;) and depending on what soundcard you used, most likely all you need to do is set latency to auto in VDJ, to get rid of your pops/crackles.

Pop/crackles happens with SSL or ANY other audio software too by the way, its not related to the software at all, but your soundcard drivers, latency for asio, AND specially the internal hardware of the PC/MAC, specially regarding IRQ sharing.

A pop/crackle happens when the soundcard runs out of audio data buffer (latency), while waiting for more data from the CPU. So, if the buffer is set too low, OR, the audio card share the same "phoneline" (IRQ) to the CPU with other hardware, the waiting time might be too long for it to handle.

When the data buffer runs out =pop/crackle (even crash with certain bad soundcard drivers, such as BCD2000).

So, this is HARDWARE related , and not software's fault usually .
Increase the audio buffer (latency) to what suits your current PC.

And yes, VDJ has more features and far more code, than SSL, so generally it needs a better PC than SSL. True enough. Just as you cant play great video games on a slow PC either. VDJ needs powers, as its powerfull. But it also has the possiblity to "downgrade" a bit, by turning safe mode on, and adjust the performance slider, on slow PC's. So it will work on slower PC's too, but loosing features such as the super HQ master tempo (replaced with a general master tempo) etc.

And good to hear you have finally heard that VDJ sound as good as, and even better than SSL;)

Welcome to the club

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:26 pm
well when i hear it without the pops then i will be a believer. but this is what i assume numarks box does.

at the exterme levels i had it @ theres no way to get rid of the pops. once u bring down the slider & functions so vdj can perform properly (with either the serato or delta 44 card) then the sound quality truly gets bad = alot worse then serato. this is y everyone thinks this way.

Mensajes Wed 06 Jun 07 @ 11:53 pm
funkturnal wrote :

this is y everyone thinks this way.

lol... wake up, everybody DONT think that way;) read the thread.

And I have several djs running VDJ at the highest possible settings with delta44. Tweak your system, or get a better PC, if you cant.

And of course the SSL box works great with SSL, it was made for it.
Just as the Numark box works great with VDJ/Numark.

And Virtual Vinyl can run at highest settings without pop/crackles, giving truth to your statement that VDJ does sound better than SSL, given you have hardware that works good.

Heck, I can even run at highest settings with my hercules mk2 even, so I dont know whats up with your PC... IRQ sharing maybe

Anyways, use SSL as said, if it thats better to you ;)

time for that coke ...

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:00 am
I agree with you funkt.
If master tempo isn't on fast and my setting isn't on auto, then all i get is crackles.
In Serato, there's only one performance setting and that's the usb buffer. 1-19. You usually don't have to tweak anything else in the program. In VDJ, you have safe mode, overclock, master tempo, scratch settings, etc that all need to be balanced well to work right. Once it's set, it's set, but it's a big hassle trying to get the optimal settings for your computer.
Another thing I bring up for "turntablists" In VDJ when I do backspins in relative mode, it's never accurate. Especially if I'm rewinding 2+ bars quickly. Serato is always right on point. Beat juggling using TCV is doesn't really work well in vdj. I think that scratch emulation sounds could be improved in VDJ too.

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:05 am

Ah, and here comes the Serato users to the thread, with more SSL promo ... ;) hehe
Funny how they always show up at the "right" times... lol.

Like your profile page D-Twizzle

http://scratchlive.net/forum/profile/?user_id=10996

But true enough, as VDJ has FAR more features than SSL, it cant be set up with a general setting to work for all without user settings, and at all PC's out of the box. Just as you need to set up your favorite video game with right DirectX shader settings, screen resolution and so on, the powerfull code in VDJ needs user input as well.

The user performance settins (in VDJ and in games , and lots of other software), is there of course, to let people with slower system have the joy, but at lower settings. Instead of being exclusive to greater PC's only. Thats the reason performance settings are in there.

And so will SSL, when they add more features.

Its only natural...

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:17 am
Anyways, those interested in reading about crackle/pop problems with dj software, here is a few threads about it (since the SSL users are here anyways)

http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=38943
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=23192
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=38847
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=37464
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=38258
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=38809
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=38801
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=38834
http://www.scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=37348
etc etc etc etc...

Oh, wait... SSL... isnt that the software that dont have crackles and problems at all ?

lol

I'll say the same as the smart teamers at SSL says, Josh and Zach, its related to your hardware almost 10/10 times.

SSL needs tweaks, and so do VDJ.

Good soundcard, good driver, clean system and good PC without hardware conflicts.

NO audio software on the planet of Earth can bypass that fact ;)

righ, forgot to drink my Coke..

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:46 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
think that sank that ship lol

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 12:54 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
anyone seen traktor skratch?

*steps back from lit fuse*

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:09 am

lol ;) saw a tractor out on the feelds on my way home from work though

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:11 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
funkturnal wrote :

Now after this debate I took vdj out for an depth spin concerning sound quality. Now with certain extreme settings I was able to get vdj to sound better then serato (but with tons of audio pops) now after speaking about timecode. I'm assuming & believe its the sound card (obviously y everyone loves virtual vinyl) & y norway says your paying 500 for a crappy soundcard.

now if I'm able to use those extreme settings I used with vitural vinyl using that sound without the pops.....then YES VDJ KILLS SERATOS SOUND QUALITY!!! Especially when slowing the record down. Now if this is true then hence y battle djs would be switching from serato to virtual vinyl.

Vdj just has to work out those few bugs that users don't like...& battle djs will soon also not like.

I hope for the best....I personally haven't used it. So i can't comment on it...only on what I have used. But that would be nice to have 70% of that digital noise gone.

Good to see that you finally got some good audio quality from your VDJ setup.
I didn't think of asking about this earlier, but I of course do run with everthing at the best setting + minimum latency(64 - 1ms)

The way to do this is to get a MAC! (and the VV package) It will run smoothly with everything max'ed out even on video.
;)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:12 am
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dj Xeo wrote :
anyone seen traktor skratch?

*steps back from lit fuse*

actuall I think DJ Cyder had a "hidden" referal about them in his TCV post...hehe

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:13 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
MAC = Magically Amazing Computer

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 1:19 am
its amazing how most of u don't read. the full post

norway I don't use serato with vdj...i only made that video to show serato users how they can mix video now. I use the delta 44...but not @ those extreme settings I said. It runs fine but doesn't sound as good. Where i use the vdj setup I'm not backspinning etc...I mostly spin 80's or dance music etc. so @ this venue I basically just use it for mixing.

dj-in-norway wrote :
funkturnal wrote :

this is y everyone thinks this way.

lol... wake up, everybody DONT think that way;) read the thread.

most people do feel that it its sounds better (of course not everysingle person on earth) maybe not on that side of the waters. but here in US most people do

Quote :
And I have several djs running VDJ at the highest possible settings with delta44. Tweak your system, or get a better PC, if you cant.

ehh..maybe i could tweak it but it works fine for what i do @ the moment. @ the venue i use it @ I mostly spin 80's & dance music. no backspining.

Quote :
And Virtual Vinyl can run at highest settings without pop/crackles, giving truth to your statement that VDJ does sound better than SSL, given you have hardware that works good.

like i said earlier i would have to see it to believe it. but i do believe it can do it since i did hear the quality but with pops.

Quote :
Heck, I can even run at highest settings with my hercules mk2 even, so I dont know whats up with your PC... IRQ sharing maybe

pass over a link for the irq settings

Quote :
Anyways, use SSL as said, if it thats better to you ;)

I do currently for audio ;)

Quote :
time for that coke ...

maybe that y u so hyper

k-one wrote :
Good to see that you finally got some good audio quality from your VDJ setup.
I didn't think of asking about this earlier, but I of course do run with everthing at the best setting + minimum latency(64 - 1ms)

The way to do this is to get a MAC! (and the VV package) It will run smoothly with everything max'ed out even on video.
;)

i've always have good audio...hence the video

sky theres no ship to sink

norway wrote :

Oh, wait... SSL... isnt that the software that dont have crackles and problems at all ?

of course u can make it pop. but setup is 123 with serato compared to vdj. fact. but like u said its because of all the features

what up dtwizzle...thanks for the support.

u just have to be a user of both to truly understand

can't take this stuff so personaly.....especially when its not your company.

don't worry be happy

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:30 am

Noone is talking it personally ;)

and K-one already posted that he as VV running at higest settings in VDJ ;)

And so does LOTS of others, including me

And as you have already stated, doing that without pop/crackles, would result in VDJ having BETTER sound than SSL, as you said yourself ;)

and thats EXACTLY what we are having, hence the disagreement ...

Its all down to hardware if you open your eyes, even read your own post and SSL forum posts.
Problems are releated to hardware, and super sound you get on a good working system.

Both in SSL and VDJ ;)

And thats ALL that we all are saying..

So keep on calling us all "button pusher", "auto loopers" or say that VDJ has crap sound to you loose your breath man ;) Cause most of us just laugh at that, as we arent crap djs, and we have the system running on super good sound...

Only pop I have is from opening yet another Coke can ;)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 2:51 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

Noone is talking it personally ;)

it seems that way...more so with other users

Quote :
and K-one already posted that he as VV running at higest settings in VDJ ;)

And so does LOTS of others, including me

yes so we know...y u keep bringing it up i dunno. i personally haven't seen it. maybe one day i will use vv.

Quote :
And as you have already stated, doing that without pop/crackles, would result in VDJ having BETTER sound than SSL, as you said yourself ;)

yes again so we been through this already...y again?

Quote :
and thats EXACTLY what we are having, hence the disagreement ...

what disagreement.....the same thing keeps getting said over & over (its boring for the watchers lol)

Quote :
Its all down to hardware if you open your eyes, even read your own post and SSL forum posts.
Problems are releated to hardware, and super sound you get on a good working system.

Both in SSL and VDJ ;)

yes so we all know....y keep saying the same thing

Quote :
And thats ALL that we all are saying..

yes over & oever again

Quote :
So keep on calling us all "button pusher", "auto loopers"

what would u like to be called then? normal dj? plain dj? what name would make the pushers happy?

Quote :
VDJ has crap sound to you loose your breath man ;) Cause most of us just laugh at that, as we arent crap djs, and we have the system running on super good sound...

?? I said vdj has crap sound in general? I called u guys crap djs?

Quote :
Only pop I have is from opening yet another Coke can ;)

i think its time u have a downer ;) ;) ;)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:02 am
thanks sky

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:03 am
funkturnal wrote :

dj in norway wrote :
So keep on calling us all "button pusher", "auto loopers"

what would u like to be called then? normal dj? plain dj? what name would make the pushers happy?

What up with your attitude man? ;) lol

I use turntables and vinyl-cd-players (Pioneer CDJs), so you can call me a turntablist if you wanna.
You seem to be calling yourself one...

And K-One with VV of course uses turntables too (duh! its a vinyl program)... and so does LOTS of the rest of the djs here.

But maybe its only YOU who are a "real" dj, a turntablist.. since you have SSL?

And the rest of us are "button djs" for not being as funky as you ?! looool

Get over it ;)

Mensajes Thu 07 Jun 07 @ 3:09 am
67%