Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: do not buy denon dns-3500 - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

sure it looks cool and is much more affordable than the pioneer.

but its engine can over heat and not function properly.

scratchs like a charm.

oh yea, it doesn't even work with hercules mk2 dj console.

my $45 cd player can control virtual dj. my $25 cd player can control virtual dj.

but my $700 denon dn-s3500 cd player can not control it. at first it did. but now that the engine is messed up. it plays songs too fast and is almost completely worthless.

tried it with the serato scratch live box. and it still sucks.

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 5:02 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
First time I've heard of this, but then again my new Xbox 360 is suddenly not working, didn't touch it but the flashing red lights indicate a hardware failure, I guess someones got to get the bad batch, thankfully it's still under warranty.

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 7:25 pm
i had an s 5000 not long ago and really liked ..... i've always thought of denon as great quality and a little better prices than there peers ........

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 8:56 pm
one good thing that Denon has, that a few other brands dont have, is the possibility of fixing issues, or even upgrade the device.

So go to Denon site, and try upgrade to the latest firmware (also specially made for timecode use btw)

That aside, my honest opinion is that Pioneer works better

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 9:23 pm
well thank you for the suggestion.

i like the dn-s3500. because of it's rotating disc. a cd player that feels like a real vinyl.

but how do you upgrade the physical engine?

the physical engine that rotates the disc is no good.

until the engine over heats, it works great. just no timecode control.
once the engine over heats. that's it.

seriously though, pioneer is way too expensive. and it does not feel ike a vinyl at all.

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 10:56 pm
Well I have two that don't overheat.... are you getting it fixed, is it still under warranty? If it's not, you could pop some sort of fan in there to keep it cool.

Mensajes Sat 30 Jun 07 @ 11:51 pm
Bagpuss wrote :
First time I've heard of this, but then again my new Xbox 360 is suddenly not working, didn't touch it but the flashing red lights indicate a hardware failure, I guess someones got to get the bad batch, thankfully it's still under warranty.

As much as I like my 360, the hardware is a piece of crap. It's reported that at one point upto 60% of 360's have failed and now the results are about 30%. Microsoft are being careful not to disclose too much information, anything more than a certain percentage would warrant a full product recall. Microsoft have started to fit refurbished 360's with additional cooling yet say that there isn't any problem with the hardware.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 1:41 am
returned the old one, got a new one. still doesn't work with tccd.

and yet my $45 cd player works with tccd just fine.

denon... never again.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 2:27 am
Well if you have a brand new one with the same problem, sounds like something else is the problem.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 2:47 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"seriously though, pioneer is way too expensive. and it does not feel ike a vinyl at all."

None of my hardware feels like vinyl and that's why I love it!

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 3:48 am
really off the topic here but if you REALLY want vinyl feel why not try the CDX or just skip the CD decks and go with the real thing instead of complaining?

my 2 cents

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 7:06 pm
so they exchanged my denon3500 with pioneer 800mk2. tccd still don't work. and my 45$ cd player does. having the denon for a long time, the denon 3500 is much much better than pioneer. if only the engine wouldn't over heat, it would be perfect. and it has built in effects that dj's practice for a long time in order to get it just right. brake, dump, reverb, echo, .. and my favorite "scratch forward only". and as much as i would love to get the numark cdx it's to big to fit in my coffin.

you don't understand... denon's 3500 cd player requires no previous experience to scratch like a pro. you move it, it scratch's AND mutes when scratching backward if the button is flicked to forward only. pioneer doesn't have that. as far as i'm concerned, pioneer is way overratd. it's simple.. too simple.

.. my 2 cents.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 8:16 pm
You need to amplify the timecode signal by about -13db before you burn it for the Pioneer decks (I think that's right), maybe the Denon too.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 8:35 pm
pioneer is usually a very "hot" signal.

Try saving the file at orgional volume.

then -6 db.
then -13db

burn three pairs of disks.

and when using any audio editing aoftware - you shouldn't have to export it to save to MP3 (at least the one I use doesn't.)

saving it to file should be good enough - then off to your burning software.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 8:52 pm
Marcel,

please upload the 2 modified mp3 files to the website so that users (and me) will be able to burn the disk.

please please please.

thanks,

DJ Shahar

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:13 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I already sent djkz edited Timecode by13dB, not sure if it is ok to post it here. If someone needs it, PM me ;)

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:31 pm
djkz wrote :
please upload the 2 modified mp3 files to the website so that users (and me) will be able to burn the disk.

This would be a waste of bandwidth, especially if Atomix offered these modified versions. In reality, it is very easy for someone to create a utility to do everything including the burning process using already available applications. If anyone knows some C (I don't) and has the time here are the tools you need:

besweet.exe
hip.dll
sox.exe
cdrecord.exe
(cdrecord possibly uses cygwin, I don't remember)

For normal users, this is easy to do but you will require a burning program like Nero to do the recording (unless you really want to get messy with cdrecord!). Download the VirtualDJ timecode mp3 and also download a free program called besweet. Put the mp3 and these two files from besweet all into one directory: besweet.exe and hip.dll

When you have done that, you can use the command line to adjust the gain of your files

besweet -core( -input VDJTimeCode.mp3 -output minus6db.wav -2ch ) -ota( -g -6db )
besweet -core( -input VDJTimeCode.mp3 -output minus13db.wav -2ch ) -ota( -g -13db )

This could be done as a simple batch file, but if someone like cell had the time to make an automated application that would be super.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 9:55 pm
it worked.

it works.

the file supplied by virutal dj for timecoded cds: VDJTimeCode.mp3 will only work with cd players including a volume control.

for other cd players such as denon dn-s3500 and pioneer cdj-800mk2 require a modified version of the file.

the file modification is the volume reduced -13dB.

i'll post this message by it's own asap.

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 10:04 pm
hey guys..I own a pair of dns-3500 just wondering where I can get the mp3 timecode fix??

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 10:52 pm

Mensajes Sun 01 Jul 07 @ 11:20 pm
80%