Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Two sound card setup question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a laptop with a MK2 controller. I use the MK2 as my sound card for VDJ.

Is there a way that I can use the MK2 for sound output just for DJ... but use the laptop's built in sound card for everything else.

For instance... lets say I need to go to a website that has sound. I dont want the sound from the website projecting on the club's speakers.

Ideally I would like to just plug some headphones into my laptop's headphone jack and use that to hear all my "laptop sounds". The MK2 would handle sound strictly for VDJ.

Is there any way to set this up? Is this possible? TIA.

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 2:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes set the default card in windows to the laptop on control pannel and then sound devices . and on vdj use the mk2 in vdj

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 2:24 am
That works. Thank You!

I have a mad boring gig tonight I am working at now. With this fixed... i can now run my slingplayer and watch some TV while I am sitting here in pain. ;)

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 3:12 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Now, that's DJing :)

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 12:02 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hehe :)

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 12:42 pm
It's called "multi-tasking". ;)

Thats why I love my notebook.... I have been able to do all of these at the same time for true multi-tasking (with no degregation of VDJ):

- Run VDJ with videos
- Decrypt/Rip a DVD
- Browse the Web
- Watch Slingplayer
- Remote Desktop a PC at my job

;)

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:31 pm
what are your notebook specs? i need one like yours....

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:46 pm
I have an HP NW9440. It has an NVIDIA Quadro 1500M 512MB Video card. 2GB RAM. Core2Duo 2.16 processor. I am running a MK2 on it.

Bad-ass laptop.

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 07 @ 5:50 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)