Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Karaoke files

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,

I am new to virual DJ and I have a question about Karaoke files, The majority of my Karaoke collection are zipped up and when I load them into virtual dj they appear in the playlist and you can play them no problem, However if I choose a Karaoke song that isn't zipped up the song appears as two songs in the playlist.
I have quite a few thousand that are not zipped up, will I have to zip them all up or is there a setting somewhere so the unzipped files don't show as two files?

Any help please!!!

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 10:28 am
Unfortunately you have to zip them all, cause they are cdg+mp3 files for that reason you see 2 files, one is only audio and the other one the lyrics, when you zip them the 2 files become one,regards.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 8:00 pm

you dont need to zip them...
as long as the mp3 and cdg file as same name, VDJ will auto load the lyrics

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 8:46 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 8:50 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

you dont need to zip them...
as long as the mp3 and cdg file as same name, VDJ will auto load the lyrics

Norway,

I don't think that is true. At least when I play a file without the lyrics VDJ will not pick up on them. I have to play the Karoake file for everything to work. If you play the mp3 file you will have music without lyrics.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 9:26 pm

I might be wrong;)

the earlier karaoke plugin picket up the lyric file automatically, but that migth not be true in the newer version of the built-in karaoke support

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 07 @ 9:28 pm
billy24PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks for all the replies,
Its no problem to zip them all up, I have only just started learning how to use Virtual dj as I used to use PCDJ fx with the Karaoke plugin.
PCDJ played both types of files either zipped or unzipped and shown them as one file.
A think that there is alot to learn when you change programs, but I'm sure that Vdj will be alot better.

The only problem I find is the problem with key changer on vdj I think that one of the skins produced just needs a simple key changer on each deck that you can move up or down and when the song is finished it resets back normal mode.

I would try and do one myself but I wouldn't have a clue where to start!!!!

Thanks again for everyones help

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 07 @ 4:58 pm
Glad to help billy24 :)

Mensajes Mon 30 Jul 07 @ 7:56 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)