Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: DVD/VOB Download Service likely soon? - Page: 2

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I don't think that would be legal still. You as the purchaser are likely to be fine in terms of jailtime and fees, although would likely get all your material confiscated should things get deeper. The issuer is clearly breaking the law. It doesn't matter that they've remixed the video. Producers have been sued for using a sample which has not clearing on time, and that's assuming they attempted to get permission in the first place. Kanye West was clever to use Jamie Foxx in his Golddigger song.

Strictly speaking you are not allowed to publish your own mixes even if they are for promotional use, there are too many tapepacks available to assume that every publisher got permissions for every track. The dance community tend to overlook this though.

Mensajes Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 6:43 pm
that is what I thought too...

Mensajes Sat 04 Aug 07 @ 7:15 pm
Strictly speaking it is illegal for us as individuals to edit or modify videos for ourselfs as we do. Which means, Al, just like myself, all of the videos we have edited so they are usable in the clubs (putting intros on them, deleting or editing around dialog & sound effects, etc.) is illegal as sson as we press the render button....in the strict send of the law.

Until the video companies put out 100% club play copmpatible videos I will need to be a criminal in my home in principal; however, I strongly believe this portion of the law to be unjust and morally wrong. I bought the video (and don't give me that crap about only "licensing it") I should be able to do whatever I want with it except duplicate it for sale or distribution. This drm crap about only letting you use it on x number of computers is comparable to saying "we can sell you this Toyota, but you can only drive it on Broadway, if you want to also drive it on I-5 you need to buy another one".

Oh, and as far as it being convenient to move them from drive to drive it is not as my Dj computer DOES NOT get connected to the internet and even if it did NONE of the clubs or private functions I have done have internet service located in the dj booth.

Mensajes Mon 06 Aug 07 @ 3:27 am
Tricerasoft has had a link on their homepage for several months advertising a Video Download Service, however the link leads to a "Coming Soon" page.

Tricerasoft pioneered the mp3+g format and has a great pay-per-song karaoke selection. I can only hope they will eventually get the video section up and running.

I would think bandwidth would be a big issue if using uncompressed VOB files, but as video compression gets better (such as DivX and XviD) I see no reason why this type of service couldn't be very successful and profitable.

Maybe if everyone emails tricerasoft and lets them know how interested they are, it will light a new fire under the development team.

Mensajes Tue 14 Aug 07 @ 3:29 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok if DRM is the issue, how is my12inch able to get away with not having DRM? The only issue I have with them is the mp4 compression. The res is low, but its better then "waiting" 3 months for a song to be shipped in the mail that is out right now. Come on, this is the internet age. I don't know when the last time I "mailed" anything to anyone(except for sending gifts). For the "filler" music videos argument they have to send on every DVD, there were only a handful of videos I would consider to be that way on my12inch. I would sign up again if they had an alternate Xvid, Mp2 format, or wmv format. Rock and Pop music would be good too. Converting the videos to another format or trying to play them in Virtual DJ with a shotty codec is no fun.
-David

Mensajes Wed 22 Aug 07 @ 5:11 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)