Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Time coded Vinyl even better now

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
From the feature history:

"pitch variations in timecode are shown on the rhythm window"

This is a great addition! It solves one of the very few little annoyances that there still are. I tested it right away, and it works great. A good tool to get near the perfect pitch fast. Not only will this speed up mixing, but it also makes use of one of the biggest advantages of VDJ: the wav form. Now learning to use vinyl with VDJ has become even more easier.

The only question that remains is why not change the displayed BPM? Is there a reason or a technical hitch that prevents this? It is a very small issue to see a BPM displayed that you know is the orginal BPM not the pitched BPM. maybe 2.05?

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 12:46 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm still waiting for my TC vinlys, so i'm ver anxious about this improvement. The only thing I don't understand is how this ASIO technology works, so, can someone provide a link or maybe give a better explanation of difference between regular soundcard, and ASIO technology? Would love to understand it. Thx in advance ;)

erXon

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 1:20 pm

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 1:39 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
For those that already own turntables and vdj it certainly is worth trying, and maybe useing the software that way entirely...

But for those of us that don't own turntables, is it worth buying them specifically for vdj do you think?, I sopose the way forward is with a decent controller...

I can't say really because I haven't tryed the timecode, but is this really where digital meets analouge?.., perhaps it's a temporay solution for those who still want to use vinyl.., or perhaps for those who still want to see you use vinyl...

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 1:55 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Mark_Lambertz: Thanks, that helped. ;)

Bagpuss: True, but I also guess it's much about the feel, and what you're used to. It's not really hard to adapt to something else, but it's really a personal preference (and financial of course). :)

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 2:59 pm
ProtoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you want to do this professionally, I would say that turntables and TC vinyl are a must. You need at least an mp3 controller, but TC is better.

Your chances of making it professionally are much bigger with TC.

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 5:29 pm
It depends on what you are trying to “make it” in…. The most important aspect is being able to use VDJ “professionally” with the method you choose. However, turntables do give you more credibility with many DJ’s still using turntables. Since I still have one turntable, I’ll probably give the TC method a try—there’s nothing like that “old school” feel when it comes to scratching.

OO

Mensajes Mon 11 Oct 04 @ 8:14 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)